spin out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan maufort

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 2013 z8 with a 225 pro xs. Just before i plane out my motor spins out before it grabs the water. I have talked to the dealer with little help. I assume I should just lower the motor But i would like to get a little more info before I start adjusting things. Any suggestions would be great.

It just sounds like you have it trimmed before your on plane. The motor should be all the way down until you're on plane, then trim for optimal ride.

What prop? Cavitation Ring? Prop to pad measurement? Blast off procedure? We need a lot more info. Prop will be a lot further down the line of possible problems.

My Z8 will Blow Out while getting on plane as well. Just get used to working the trim and throttle to find the best combo. The boat is a rocket out of the hole with the 225opti. You do not need to trim all the way up to achieve hole shot.

GregD

hello ,I have the same issue with my Z8 also. I have a 250 on the back and was told last night to take a plug out of the prop.The prop has three plugs on the sides of it.I have not heard from anyone if this is true or not,but even with proper trim and throttle i still have the spin out, which can't be right.looking forward to the answer to your question.thomas

Generally, removing PVS plugs will allow MORE prop spin. My 225 efi on my heavy 929 had -0- plugs out. All were in and it was a rocket out of the hole. You need more bite not less. I would still need the measurements and information asked above. No 2 boats are exactly the same to set up. There are "general" rules but most always have to be tweaked.

There are also different sizes for the PVS plugs.

Basically if you cannot achieve 3500 rpms at take off you need more ventilation over the prop blades to allow it to slip and get the rpms into the power band of the motor.

If you are getting too much and slipping, you need to reduce ventilation over the blades to get more bite.

if you are running a small hub prop (trophy) on a large hub lower unit you may want to add a prop trim ring. you will still have to play with the PVS plugs to optimize the hole shot.

it sounds like you could just "feather" your throttle to get over the hump. but you will still have problems when the boat gets at the same attitude (angle to the water) in rough water. And you DO NOT want to slip when you are running in the rough stuff. if you slip enough and fall off plane the next wave will fill the boat

Latest posts

Back