Southern Rally - show your interest

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Okay, since the gauntlet has been thrown out by several of us 'Southern Boys', let's find out who is interested. As a starting place, I'll pose the following.

Fall Rally to be held during the month of October in a generally accessible southern locale. I would think that we should be able to pull something together in one of the following areas:

Carolina's

Virginia

Tennessee

Alabama

Georgia

Northern Florida

If you are interested, post up here. I'll be happy to start pulling information together.

Things to consider:

Lakes that share common borders (such as GA/SC) that have crossover rights for licensing. Access to major highways - or not far from it. Airline deals for those (especially from up North), that don't want to trailer but might want to carpool or fly in for the weekend.

Jump in if you think that you'd like to participate.

John Astrello - aka - Texas Transplant

If I can fit the schedule (this rally hit the same date as a local club tourney) I would do Tenn, VA, etc.

Great idea John, and don'tcha all know you've got a cerfified Project Manager in John A. getting this going. So, yes Rob all Dilbert cartoons will apply! ( I can't talk, so am I LOL)

I'm in, I can do anything that would be say up to a 4-5 hour drive from the north side of Atlanta. Don't know if we need to (thought won't complain) anything as fancy as Rob's 2 day shindig in NY. I'd be up for anything though this fall! I'd make it early October. The one and only rally I did 2 years ago here in GA was late October and air temp's were in the low 30's at blast off!

Not this year but next year for sure if it was in Carolinas or VA!

Sure Scott, Eli should be out of his crib by then and into Noah's room with bunk beds, do you still fit in a crib?? LOL

You come on down and we'll find you a place. Though depending on how far from Atlanta we have it I may stay overnight up there instead of dragging the boat around the country.

I am in. I would love to see it in virginia. Kerr, smith mountain, or the potomac river. just my 2 cents.

mike

I'm in...but Virginia is almost 12 hours from me down in UCLA (ugly corner of lower Alabama). Tennessee or Georgia are easily doable, but north or mid-Florida is where we can really have a good time...

Lake Seminole on FLA/GA/AL border is a great place, large enough for some good fishing...

Yes to a southern rally, no to the part where Trepman and I become innkeepers. :)

I would do either Va or Carolinas as long as it was next year, that way we could plan out the vacation. Being we are into May already my vacation was on the books by Feb.. Advance planning an I'm there..

I'm from Texas and would love to go to the "original rally" but it's a bit far. Will do my best to attend if from Alabama west, if not may as well go to the "yankee rally" LOL. sounds like a plan. KENNY

Carolina or Va next year....havn't even got throught this rally yet !!

Pierre

Be careful of your dates. It takes a little research and checking to pick a good time. October is when most the BFL Tournaments, Bass Clubs and other major circuits are having their regional tournaments. Also check the dates on the NITRO/Tracker webb site so you don't conflict with their owners rally at Table Rock in October.

Taking in all of the input. Nice to see the interest.

Not sure about TrepMan as a hotelier, but he definitely knows his beer! And for a skinny guy - he can really eat.

Latest posts

Back