Soon...we fish!...BFL NE Division - Thousand Islands

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Ruiz

Reaction score
Greetings Folks

Well, in addition to drilling big holes in a perfectly good Nitro, and filling it up with oodles of stuff better suited for a display rack at Circuit City, I actually do fish as well! In fact this weekend im headed up to the Thousand Islands/Lake Ontario for the BFL Northeast division. My question is this. In that I live on long island, and prefer to fish down south (Kerr, Pickwick, TVA, ect), I have never actually been on the thousand islands. Has anyone ever fished it? I know its supposed to be nasty, especially in the big water on lake ontario. Something about taking a bass boat into the north atlantic I recall hearing from guys that have fished it. my question is has anyone ever fished it, and if so, whats the skinny shorty on it. I have fisehd just about everywhere up here, (George, Champlain, Winnipasaukee, Wallenpaupuk, Oneida), but apparently this is supposed to be the big one. Everyone says the fishing is awsome, especially if you like a finesse bite, but the boating is tough. Any input more than welcome. If you guys can put me on fish, ya get a free DVD & Stereo upgrade for your rig complete with 7" Alpine DVD moniter and oodles of great audio gear such as a 10 stack CD changer :)

Tight Lines & Fish Hard

Nick!

Oh yes, and on a related note, im taking ideas as to what music I can blast at ear drum rupturing at jet ski guys and other performance boat types to REALLY confuse them. Yes, its a bass boat..oh but it hammers..and its pimps..oh the humanity... Im personally a fan of Rush and im thinking Tom Sawyer played at aprox. oh my god level should do wonders. Also, some nuget, skynyrd, and perhaps some Zep should do nicley as well! Requests welcomed lol

Nick - Can't help on the fishing but I LOVE RUSH!!! Oh and Nuget, Skynrd too!! How about blasting Buffett's FINS (Also known as the Shark Song) or Volcano!! If you're set on Rush, Tom Sawyer is good but don't forget Subdivisions (My kids love that song), Free Will, and Spirit of the Radio!!

Rock on Man!!

Rush...

"Why are we here? Because we're here...ROLL THE BONES!

I'd have to vote for Subdivisions too. Just play the first 30 seconds on a continual loop as everyone blasts out for the start.

I forget the track, but one of the pieces in EXIT, STATE LEFT has Neil Pert doing an incredible drum solo.

Rush....

I'm glad you cleared that up. For a minute I was thinking politics.

For the DVD Stereo upgrade, I will come to the Islands and put you on fish.....if youre serious, I know people.

Mini

Get yourself some hotspot maps. Unless you can afford a new lower unit. Seriously though yu need to look at two directions, up River into lake Ontario where most of the big sacks come from or down River towards Chippewa Bay. If the wind is blowing really bad.

Down river you must pass through an area about 2-3 miles with a 35 mph speed limit (Alexandria Bay area), which will be heavily enforced during the tournament. If you go to lake Ontario, hit Three mile bay, Chaumont Bay, Black River Bay. All good areas for smallmouth or largemouth. Iwas out in Chaumont bay in the center show and caught 18 lbs of largemouth in the center shaol, (middle of no where). Before that won a tournament with 17 lbs smallies off the same shoal. Any real questions email me at "[email protected]".

3 mile bay will be the winner .....

Mac I would find some of my own there....LOTS of stuff to fish on that end of the pond.

My sh!! is a little runny so Mini would slip and slide anyway.

Don't leave Sandy Pond out Mini, they just had a Team Tournament out of there and 18 lbs didn't even place. It took 20+ lbs to place. Most fish caught in Sandy Pond.

Back