Software Update from Humminbird - Enhancments to Si and 2D sonar plus

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humminbird Greg

Reaction score
Software update is now available for consumers to download from hummminbird.com for these models:

768, 787c2, 787c2i, 788c, 788ci, 797c2, 797c2i, 798c, 798ci

917, 955, 957, 997

1155, 1157, 1197

This software update (v4.510) adds these features:

Supports the XM NavWeather accessory.

Supports AIS receivers. (1100 models only)

Adds new 2D sonar processing techniques, including the ablity to turn off TVG.

Adds SI Image Enhancement features. (SI models only) *

Supports operation of the CannonLink accessory across an InterLink accessory. *

Modifies the Depth Offset menu item to shift the sonar image, not just the digital depth. *

Expands Water Type selections to include deep and shallow salt water. *

Adds Waypoint Decluttering control. *

Adds Demonstration mode menu item to disable point-of-sale mode when using a transducer with no thermistor.

Fixes the color of shoreline construction on Navionics charts.

* (all models except new color 700 models, which already had these features)

No questions from me Greg!!! I just wanted to say hi to you with the utmost wish that all is ok in the Greg Walters household. I, for one, consider you an invaluable asset to this web site and a very good friend to me. Warm Regards!

Uncle Billy

Jimmy,

I would definitely install the new (exchanged) transducer. The Trak Pro 160 used a transducer that has a different element than what is used in the current DualBeam transducer. If you bought the adapter that would allow you to use the older transducer you may have motor interference issues (the older transducers were not shielded as well as the new ones are) and you would not be able to use the wider 83kHz sonar beam that the new DualBeam transducer can produce.

Something to think about here: while you are exchanging your transom mounted DualBeam transducer for an inside-the-hull mounted DualBeam transducer

Greg, it's great to have you here, providing this type of support. Truly.

Latest posts

Back