Setting up 700LX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Kellner

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up my 700 and after looking at the performance library at all the 650's, 700's, and 750's is apparent that I should be getting a bit more out of it.

I'm running a Force 120. 6" Jack plate probably around 4" below pad. I know I have a little room to play with here, but I'm going to install a Water Presure guage before I come up any higher. 13 1/4 x 21p SS Renagade prop. 5200 RPS's at WOT getting 48MPH GPS at best in chop. 3/4 tank of gas one person. It looks like alot of folks with similar set-ups are running a much higher pitch prop. it seems anywhere from 23p to 26p Mostly Laser 2's??

Any suggestistions?

Chad - I'm still tweaking mine (as you know from our exchange on BBC), i've raised my motor last week to be 5 inches below pad, moved to a 24p 13 3/4 diameter prop, still only hitting 5000 rpms at WOT, tourney load, livewell full, my partner and I i'm getting 51mph on my GPS. I know when it cools down more i'll get a bit more RPMs and possibly a MPH or 2. I've also run my 25p Turbo 13 1/4 prop, best speed i've had with that one is 54mph light no water in livewell and no partner.

Not familar with the 120 force, wahts the Max RPMs on that motor at WOT??

Thats the theory "if I rase any more with acceptable water presure that RPM would get too high, so thinking a 24 or 25 pitch prop may be the tickett." Also, I think I mentioned, that i've learned from the experts here and elsewhere that 2 different 24p props will be completely different, as going from a 13 1/4 diameter prop to a larger (say 13 3/4 diameter) will also drive your RPMs down a bit at the same pitch and motor hieght, what i've found is I can go higher with the wider diameter prop then I could with my 13 1/4 diameter prop.

On the Max RPMs yup, you are right there, so if you went up to a 24p in the same prop/diameter your RPMs may go down as much as 200 rpms per pitch so it could drop 4600 which is way to low, but you may be able to run the motor higher?

Latest posts

Back