Selling the NITRO to get a TRITON!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Greco

Reaction score
I've had my 170DC for eight years now and finally the wife is letting me buy my buddies TR-186 w/ 150 Merc. The boat is a 2002 with hydraullic steering and a 8" jackplate. It runs around 62 MPH according to the GPS. I've fished a bunch of tournaments out of it and it is simply a better boat for tournaments than my current one. I hate to see the Nitro go but look forward to the Triton. Anyone looking for a well kept Nitro? How about you Trep? Can I still hang around the site and go to next year's rally in the toon? I'll post some pictures when I take some this weekend.

Al - You traitor!!! What now, you gonna go work for CA? Accenture??, EDS?? NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Yes you can come play, at LEAST you didn't buy a Ranger!!! LOL

As for buying it, NOPE!! Tin Rules, and the 175 is perfect at least until I can afford a 21ft Tundra Sport with a 275 Verado!!

Al,

I don't know how much you are selling it for, but I just sold a 1996 170DC with 115 for $7000. This should give you a little idea of what you can get out of it.

Actually you might want to think about putting it on ebay. That is what I did. Good results.

Jon, I'm looking to get around 5K for it. I plan on putting it on ebay and of course advertising locally.

It has been vey well taken care of and hope to find someone that will enjoy it as much as I did.

Trep, I'm not going anywhere else besides now I'm going to have a payment again, IBM is got the hook set in me good right now.

Staci, I'll list everything I have on it including the new tires.

If anyone is thinking about Al's boat, I can tell you that I took a look at it at the Rally and it is EXCEPTIONAL!

Al,

Congrats on getting the Triton. I have fished out of a Tr-20 in our bass club several times and I like it.

And you can still hang around here and go to the rally too! You don't want that red star to go to waste do ya?

Bob G.

Al, I'm sure you'll love the "new" boat. Hope you'll still hang around with us.

Guys, I'll definitely hang around, the only differnce will be the new ride!!!

I did the same thing when I had the nx750 3 years ago... traded "up" to a TR186... Very nice boat...

Now I got the "right" boat... the 901!

Yeah, After thinking about things and a very detailed discussion with the wife not sure if I should wait a couple of years and get a 20 - 21 footer or buy the TR-186. I have a couple more days to think about it even though the loan has been pre-approved. Dam, I hate making these decisions.......

Does the boat come with MOJO already,or will you have to add your own?

I feel your pain Al,a buddy of mine wants to sell me his Ranger walleye type boat.He is building a house and the boat must go.CHEAP

Al, an 18 1/2 footer is one hell of a lot more boat than you have now. Depending on age now, it may not depreciate much over the next few years waiting for you to get ready to buy the 20+ footer.

And you may be so please with this length that you may decide not to go any larger!

Buy it!

You'll be VERY happy you did!

me!

Remember Al..

It's not the size of your BOAT that matters.....

It's all about the motion of the ocean.....

Steve, That's what my wife keeps telling me...lol.

Staci, I'm still undecided. The boat is really nice and rides 10 times better than mine. The only hangup is having another payment again especially with 2 kids under 4 yrs. old. What should I do? The sensible side says stay with what you have and fish on. The "I want" side says buy it and be a lot happier when fishing, not so sure about paying the note every month....hmmmmm.

How much would the note be? (Answer to yourself.)

What can you give up to make the difference? (Answer to yourself.)

OK, Al..... I hate to see a grown man cry..... I'll e-mail you Trepper's Platinum Visa # and you can put it on that.

Al - Beka says Staci Maxed the Visa out with her last shopping spree at BPS so too bad, so sad!!! LOL

A NOTE??? Man do you REALY want to get into paying for a boat every MONTH again??? If you are getting the Inch, put a couple hundred a month away for the next year and in a year see how much you have and how BAD you REALY want it then!!!

But, I know you fish a LOT of local T's, so the 18fter and more power/faster would be good! But, if the deal from your buddie is NOT supper good, you might want to wait. I'll ride in your Nitro or a Triton (as long as it's NOT a Ranger!!! LOL) when I get a chance to get up your way.

Trep

Trep, got the Triton hooked up for a little fishing tomorrow. Also planning on taking momma out Tuesday afternoon and will probably make a decision then. It's such a tough decision!

Al,

Don't listen to Trep, he's so tight, he sqeaks!! Will it be worth it to get into an 18 footer, or will a 19 or 20 footer be better? You gotta make the decision that works for you and only you and your wife know the answer to that. Good luck!!

Bob G.

Back