Sears Deep Cycle Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manuel Cueva

Reaction score
All of my batteries are shot. I was looking at the sears batts. Price is ok. Any opinions? I need one 24 and two 27's.:D

I bought a set of Delco Marine/RV batteries from Sears for my bowmount. Best batteries I've owned!

Who has a Guest 2631A for a good price? Since I need new batts, might as well get a good charger.

<OOPS

They probably are ok but there are better choices for the money.

Tom>

Probably???? What kind of an answer is that? Since you have never tried them or know the specs, what would you recommend for the less than $100 range? Sure outlasted my Minn Kotas spirals in overall battery life(2 years) and charge for quite a few $$$ less. 4th year on the Delco's and still get a full 8 hour+ day easily on them with a 36v 101.

Well my .02

The Die hards are made by Johnson Controls. They are the same battery as the everstart, interstate and duralast. My own personal experience with them is not very good. I have never had one last more then a season or so.

Ac Delco's used to be a very good battery. I say used to because they are also made by Johnson Controls now as well. They are not the same battery they were.

For my money i would spend a little extra and get a set of Trojan SCS series batteries. They are by far the best battery i have ever used. Yes they do cost more initally but 5-6 years down the road when your still using the same set they will have cost you far less and given much better performance while doing it.

I second the Trojan SCS series recommendations. Best bang for your buck. Initial payout may be a bit more, but the useful life of the battery makes them well worth the money. No other battery goes in my boat. If it ain't maroon... it doesn't enter the battery trays.

All the best,

Glenn

I run Everstarts simply because the return policy is good and you can always find a WalMart when you are on the road.

I would love to have Optima's or Trojan's but they are a little pricey for me.

That may be my next one Mini, I've searched around online and most say they are pretty good.

Mini,

I used to think the same way about Everstarts. That was until i needed a replacment on the road and couldnt get one. When your somewhere like say vermont and your batteries croak on practice day for a two day and you cant get replacements because the only wal-mart in like a 100 mile radius is out of stock your screwed to say the least. The pro-rate charges suck too. The last time i had everstarts i could have easily paid for a set of trojans for what i paid out in pro-rate charges after the 12 month "free" replaecment on those batteries.

This exact scenario has has happened to me more then once over the years. The everstarts have not have a good track record for me, form a reliability standpoint they stink and service when(not an if but a when) they do fail has been almost non existant. Thats what sent me looking for a different battery and my trolling motor repair guy suggested the trojans. He could not have been more right. I put them in my 882 in 2002 and that was it for the rest of the time i owned the boat. $240 for 6+ years of good use is A-OK in my book, i just want stuff to work. They do cost more now but ~300 for another 6 years or so is fine by me. thats why i told the dealer when my new Z7 shows up just leave the batteries out of it and ill bring them 3 to put in, im going to do it right from the start.

At $240 per battery.....I am only running a 24v system....so I could buy 4 Everstarts per one Trojan. Thats without having to use a Pro-Rate.

I am not saying who is right or wrong. Trojan makes a great battery. But to shell out that kind of cash up front and if I get 4 seasons out of them I will break even from buying NEW Everstarts every year. (which I should NOT have to do).

Bottomline is Trojan makes a great battery, Everstarts are good.

I understand that some places have Walmarts 100 miles apart, but not many that I go to. Heck there are 4 within 5 miles of my house now, and if all 4 of them are out of stock then I guess you win....lol

Mini

Mini,

FYI that 240 is for the pair not one. So i got 6 years of solid service for $240, thats pretty darn good in my book. Im not trying to start "contest" jsut stating the facts...

the area where i live there are wal-marts everwhere too. The only problem is they become few and far between where i actually fish and thats the problem. I dont know how they stock the ones in your area but up here in the north east the fishing / marine departemnts are an afterthought. Any time i need something for fishing or the boat Wal-mart is the last place i think of since 9 out of 10 times they wont have it.

I run 3 optima's for my trolling motor and a Trojan for everything else.... Not a problem with any of them so far but i'm only going into my 3rd season.

Mike

I know Jim...just a friendly discussion and thanks for the clarification on price. I based mine on an internet search.

As I said Trojan's are great batts, so are Optimas.

I guess I still consider batteries as "wear" items....lol

String about a 100 9v batteries together and you'll be golden. Swap them out when you change your smoke detector batteries.

I use the Everstarts also. I got them replaced for free after 3 years for free! I went in to buy new ones and the cute little college girl asked "When did you buy these , last year?" I said I'm not sure, and she looked right at me and said "Look! I'm trying to do you a favor here. You bought these last year, RIGHT!" I said Yah, I think it was last February. Three brand new batteries for the price of one. The wife wasn't even mad that she was flirting after that!!lol.

For a minute there I thought this thread was going to turn into 'Mine is bigger than yours!"

Tim

Two Everstart Maxx for trolling motor and 1 Everstart Maxx for everything else. Going on the fourth season and flawless.

Paul, I was told last year they do not make the MAXX any longer for the marine batteries. I used to use them too, but bought the regular Everstarts. Since I have used them almost my entire club has turned over to them. Like Mini says, good battery not great. I am not as hard on my batteries as some of you and they do great. If I could use them more I would definitely look at the Trojans! Like the ocmmercial says, a little protection goes a long way! Oops wrong commercial!:lol:

Randy!

Latest posts

Back