Salad Spoon

• Thread starter Larry Harp [URL]http://www.landbigfish.com/tackles
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Have any of you ever tried the Lunker City Salad Spoon? I saw some in a little tackle shop the other day and my addiction took over. They are kind of like a soft plastic version of a Johnson Silver Minnow spoon. Looks like just the thing for running over weed beds. Can't wait to try them.

Harpo
http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/showcase.cfm?PID=898
LC-SaladSpoon.jpg

I hear that the Popiel's Pocket Fisherman has just the right action to twitch them through the cover.

I use these all the time. Lunker city is based in New England and because of that all the stores carry tons of thier stuff. I use the spoon in weeds all the time and its a great bait for that. I love it in lillipads. One thing to be aware of is you need a big hook to rig it right. I use a eagle claw 4/0 hp hook, the one Shaw Grigsby uses witht the clip on the front. I find the clip really helps hold the bait on the head of the hook. They also tear really easily at the head so a little superglue never hurts. One thing for sure, they catch big fish.

I love the salad spoon. It catches alot of fish for me - I usually fish it as a topwater, but can be weighted and cranked under the surface.

TJ

Help me out here... It looks like a ribbon-tailed fluke... Is the picture deceiving? I'm only asking because I'd never equate a fluke to a Johnson minnow. I looked at their site and the water widow looks cool :).

The main body of it is like a solid plastic spoon with a groove in the middle for the hook to fit in. I haven't fish it yet but I do like Silver Minnows for fishing the weeds. I have always liked Lunker City products. I still catch fish on Slugos.

Harpo

Oh! Are they the ones who make Slugo's! I've caught more fish on those than I can count! Started using them in salt water a number of years ago - they were great for snook and jacks!

Slugos are a great follow up bait for a missed buzzbait strike. Also good in late afternoon when the bass start hitting shad on the surface. I've caught more on Slugos than Senkos.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back