RPM information for TrepMan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
I don't know if there is any difference between the 2000 and the 2001 hull design of the PC and PT 175 but both types and model years look the same. Also, I really don't know what either hull weighs. As far as my RPM's:

Prop: 10 3/8 x 14P aluminum

Recommended Max RPM @ WOT: 5500

Hot-Humid weather: 4900 rpm

Speed: 25 mph (speedo)

Cool/Low humidity 5100 rpm

Speed: 28 mph (speedo)

My boat has never seen 5500 rpm and won't unless I change props. Are you running the same prop as me?

Barry:

Running same prop on mine. I still think the 2001/2 boats should be heavier since it's a heavier aluminium and 10 inches wider. But, I there should be no reason from the factory that if mine is running right at 5500 rpm's that the new boat should be running that far below Max RPMs. Have you GPS's the speed? Mine runs 30-31 w/just me and a light load and 28-29 with 2 guys and a lot of gear.

Ken/Dan (or anyone with this setup) - shouldn't the 175 all welded with a 40 Merc be running closer to 5500 rpms right from the factory?? Maybe i'm wrong and they've run the setup differently on the new boats so it runs best at a lower RPM range, i'm not motor setup expert by any means.

TrepMan

Latest posts

Back