• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rods and Reels for sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
The below reel prices are with shipping. $5 discount per reel for local meet / pickup at the lake (Choke Canyon is my prefered venue).

(NIB) Pflueger Baitcast Reel - Asaro WLP $80 shipped

(vgc) Pflueger Baitcast Reel - Supreme LP with box $85 shipped (price lowered)

(vgc) Pflueger Baitcast Reel - Supreme LP with box $85 shipped (price lowered)

From this point on in the sale - local pickup, or you pay actual shipping (rods are more expensive to ship due to the length, and the spincast reel shipping cost will be more or close to what I'm asking for the reels). One exception - buy all the rods at once, and I'll ship them all to you for free in one tube. :)

(vgc) Shakespeare Synergy Steel Titanium reel - Model 2002Ti (spincast) $5

(vgc) Shakespeare Synergy Steel Titanium reel - Model 1502Ti (spincast) (x2) $5 each

(gc)Pflueger Rod - Model SP4759-1ML - Spinning Rod 5'9" Medium Light $25

(vgc) Shakespeare Ugly Stik CA-1170-1MH - 7'0" Medium Heavy $25

(vgc) Shakespeare Ugly Stik CA-1170-1MH - 7'0" Medium Heavy, custom rebuild - guides, etc

Hi Glenn,I would be interesred in a Pflueger bait caster asaro and the Pflueger rod.Is the first rod listed a bait caster? what would shipping be to MD 21795

Thanks Paul

elteewon,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the first rod listed is a baitcast rod. I'll check on shipping and get back with you on the shipping price. Is tomorrow afternoon an ok time to get back with you on the total?

All the best,

Glenn

Sure.I will then email you on the address and payment info.Always used spinning rods nows my chance to learn.

Thanks Paul

Paul,

Thanks. I'll check both UPS and USPS tomorrow. I've shipped 7' rods before - they can get a little pricy going residence to residence. Hopefully it won't be too much. Wish I still had my business, or was shipping to a business. They cut you a better deal at UPS for that.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, all my experience has been with the Revo STX and the old Ambassadeur 5000 series (which I have retired). I have a few extra rods since I just recently replaced 5 of them. Would the Summit LP be comparable To the STX? If so, I'll take them both. Please confirm they are right handed reels.

JimmyE,

They are right handed reels. I own Revo Winches, but not the STX, so I can't give an "exact" comparison, other than the write-ups on each of them and my own personal experiences with the Revo Winch and Summits. Comparing those two - the Summit is right on par with the Winch, but I do like the fact that the Summit is a dual braking system reel. The Winch is only a single braking system. The Summit is much more adjustable - particularly for throwing lighter lures.

The gear ratio of the Summit is exactly the same as the High Speed version of the STX - 7.1:1

The Summit is slightly ligher (7.8oz vs the Revo STX' 8.75oz)

The STX's spool is deeper and of a different shape - it holds 40 more yards than the Summit. The Summit has a shallow angle semi-v shapped spool, compared to the relatively flat spool on my Winches. Comparing the spool width of these Summits to my Winches, they appear to be almost exactly the same. The Summit might be a hair thinner in width.

The STX has one more ball bearing than the Summit.

The Summit is a dual braking system reel - magnetic and centrifugal. The write up on the STX does not say if it is a dual braking system - it just say's magnetic, so I'm not sure if the Summit has a one-up on the STX in this catagory.

Pricewise, the Summit's sell for the same price as the Revo SX's, with the STX being about $30 more expensive. Doesn't make it less quality, just less expensive.

As someone who fishes both Revo Winches and Summits, I think they are on par with each other as far as fit, finish, quality and fishability. Sorry I couldn't give you an actual head-to-head test with a STX. I don't own any.

If you are still interested, please let me know. Hopefully, we can do business.

All the best,

Glenn

JimmyE,

Sending email right now. Thanks.

All the best,

Glenn

The 2 Summits are sold to JimmyE. Thanks Jimmy!

All the best,

Glenn

elteewon,

Email sent with shipping price. Wish I could get it down lower. Shipping on individual 7' rods just isn't that cost - effective. Hope we can do business.

All the best,

Glenn

Pflueger Rod - Model CA-4770-1MH and one Asaro sold to elteewon. Thanks!

All the best,

Glenn

JimmyE and elteewon's payments received. Rods and reels go out this afternoon when I get out of work.

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy them!

All the best,

Glenn

JimmyE,

Thank you. I hope you enjoy them.

All the best,

Glenn

Post cleaned up 8/11/09 to remove some of the reels / rod that were sold. Thanks to everyone that has responded and/or purchased. Still have a few left for sale. Lowering prices on the Supreme baitcasters today from $100 to $85.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn what hand reel are the Pflueger Supreme reels?? Have they been serviced??

Thanks,

Bubby:)

Bubby,

The reels are right handed.

Every used reel that I sell has been cleaned and lubed before returning them to the factory box.

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I wanted to get some info on the reels. I replied to your mail, and I am off to work. I won't be able to get back to you until this afternoon.

No problem Bubby. I replied to your questions, and included a review with pictures. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

All the best,

Glenn

Anyone interested in any items listed by Glenn should really consider them. This guy is the worst salesman I know. I asked a couple questions about a reel, he sent me reviews, and described the condition completly. He left out nothing. Man I wish everyone was this honest. Most when selling things forget to mention things Ray Charles could see.

Bubby,

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate them. "Worst salesman"? Hey now! :lol: (just joking - I know what you mean - I'd rather be a honest salesman that doesn't sell the item than a dishonest one that has everyone mad at them for leaving something out).

For those of you wondering what this is all about - Bubby wanted a comparison to his current reels, and I gave him the feedback he needed to make an informed decision regarding purchasing or not. The reels would not be well equiped to do the job he wanted them to do (redfish / catfish) because the drag system on the Supreme's is not the same strength as the ones on his current reels (Curado's). Plenty enough for most bass fishing, but not for the job he had in mind. In my follow up email to him - I am suggesting that he look into Abu's Revo - particularly for the drag system - I don't think anyone comes close to the 24 lb rating of the Revo drag. The reels are really nice too. I am using two Revo Winches on my crankbait rods this year, and have been very impressed with them.

Thanks again Bubby. I appreciate it!

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back