Re: "A Rally Caravan Vehicle Boats on the Flatbed".

• Thread starter Staci Matheis [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Greg, Greg, Greg..... You OBVIOUSLY ain't never bin in a truck..... We DON'T need to take up space by putting a camper on the flatbed..... These things come with their own, built-in campers!

Take for instance this 2001 Western Star.....

The last 84" of the cab is a "sleeper"..... Bunk beds..... Refridgerator..... Microwave..... TV..... Skylight..... Dual captain's chairs up front that swivle..... CD player..... Can't count the number of speakers..... And LOT'S of cup holders for Caffiene Free Diet Dr. Pepper!

me!
wstara.jpg

Boy Scott.....they didn't have any near as "sweet" as that rig when I was drivin'!!!!! Almost makes me want to hit the road again!

Can I get one in pink????? LOL

Carli

Got my can of Dupli-Color right here!

You drove? What? When? How long?

Scott,

The camnper is so we ca take two "teams" 4 guys...and I don't see any place for the poker game...And there is certainly no table for the dancing girls!... But, there is a little more room in yours than in my SupertCrew!

Two drive while two sleep!

Dancing Girls? No problem!

We'll just take this 2000 Volvo 770! Lower bunk folds into a table with seating for four!

me!
770a.jpg

Okay...That's the truck...So, I'm thinking I finance it for say...60 months....with a trailer...that monthly payment is...how much?

OK Scott - Do you spend your day selling trucks or going out and taking pictures with a realy good digital camera and upload them?

Are those pictures you've already got for sales stuff?

By the way, looks like someone five finger discounted the speakers out of the Volvo!!!

No Trep...

He's rigging that special for me so US 99 (Our Chicago Country Station) will sound as good as it can... Check is on the way Scott...if you can tell me how we launch and retrieve? Can't think of a simple way to play it all out at the launch ramp...figure you'll have an idea.

OK I thought my 14 ft jon boat looked small being pulled behind Beka's 96 Dodge Ram Club Cab, but even a 929 would like tiny being hauled behind that Volvo!

Mercy sakes alive....Looks like we got us a convoy!!!Ooooooh Red is nice!

Scott....this will blow your mind....I drove a White 3000 "Road commode"...20 forward with roadranger. Did that a hundred years ago...then hubby sold it and bought a little 10 wheel "Cornbinder" and we had that for 5 years before we gave up drivin'.

Greg...don't worry about the launch...everybody will get out of your way if you show up towing your boat with that rig!!!!

Treppie, your powers of observation are absolutely REMARKABLE! It's pretty common for drivers or owners to take stuff out of the truck when they sell them; we've got to put a new refridgerator in this one, too.

Almost all 3,500 of our trucks have pictures of them on our website at www.arrowtruck.com. I use those to send to my customers if whoever took the picture did a good job; if not, I take my own as I did in this case. Many of our trucks are purchased sight-unseen.

Now, Greg..... Loading is EASY! We can mount bunks sideways on the flatbed..... Then we simply back the trailer down the rampand drive the boats on sideways; first boat closest to the front, pull out a bit and load the next and so on!

Ca-a-arli-i-i! You're givin' away your age again! That's like way back in the (years deleted)! I remember those.....

me!

Oh, almost forgot, Greg..... The newly installed sound system will be programmed to play only Classical and Classic Rock!

Yeah, Interstate 80

we was truckin' along

yeah, me an' old Sloan

old Sloan's mah dog

we had eighteen wheels

with a ten on the floor

an' a stereo

layin' a strip

Then we spied a sign

said "Eat-n-Gas Now"

we decided to whip in

an' pick up some chow

at the Old Home Fill-er Up and Keep On a-Truckin' Cafe

(This song is where the world wassa interduced to "C. W. McCall" - a.k.a. The Rubber Duck - a ficticious truck driver who delivered Old Home Bread around Nebraska and Iowa.)

MO(his head's a full a useless facts)Fish

Scotttttt...You're NOT old enuf to remember "roadcommodes"! LOL

I just showed hubby the WS and Volvo and he said "Hey let's sell out and go on the road again!" Ooooohhhh don't tempt me!

Carli

OK, MO..... There was a truckin' song years ago that I just barely remember about some guy having his brakes go out while goin' down the hill to Scranton, Pennsylvania..... Haulin' 30,000 pounds of bananas!

You know that one?

Scott....

Bad loading plan! My Tracker is 19'7" plus about 18" for the motor so about 21' total...way too long to load sideways! But, keep workin on it...I'm working on the wife about the payments!

Instead of a flatbed, we could borrow an automobile transporter..... I wonder if Mac has any connections up there at GM?

Can't help ya there, Waldo,........although my cousin use to drive for "Leaseway" hauling cars,...now he drives for Spartan Stores,.............can't get a "flat bed", but I betya we can get a ton of "Flat Bread" with one phone call..LOL

Mac

Here ya go, Scott:

It was just after dark when the truck started down

The hill that leads into Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Carrying thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Carrying thirty thousand pounds (hit it Big John) of bananas.

He was a young driver,

Just out on his second job.

And he was carrying the next day's pasty fruits

For everyone in that coal-scarred city

Where children play without despair

In backyard slag-piles and folks manage to eat each day

About thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Yes, just about thirty thousand pounds (scream it again, John) of bananas

He passed a sign that he should have seen,

Saying "shift to low gear, a fifty dollar fine, my friend.

He was thinking, perhaps, about the warm-breathed woman

Who was waiting at the journey's end.

He started down the two-mile drop,

The curving road that wound from the top of the hill.

He was pushing on through the shortening miles that ran down to the depot.

Just a few more miles to go,

Then he'd go home and have her ease his long, cramped day away.

And the smell of thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Yes, the smell of thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

He was picking speed as the city spread its twinkling lights below him.

But he paid no heed as the shivering thoughts of the nights

Delights went through him.

His foot nudged the brakes to slow him down.

But the pedal floored easy without a sound.

He said "Christ!"

It was funny how he had named the only man who could save him now.

He was trapped inside a dead-end hellslide,

Riding on his fear-hunched back

Was every one of those yellow-green

I'm telling you, thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Yes, there were thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

He barely made the sweeping curve that led into the steepest grade.

And he missed the thankful passing bus at ninety miles an hour.

And he said "God, make it a dream!"

As he rode his last ride down.

And he said "God, make it a dream!"

As he rode his last ride down.

And he sideswiped nineteen neat-parked cars,

Clipped off thirteen telephone poles,

Hit two houses, bruised eight trees,

And Blue-Crossed seven people.

It was then he lost his head,

Not to mention an arm or two before he stopped.

And he slid for four hundred yards

Along the hill that leads into Scranton, Pennsylvania.

All those thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

You know the man who told me about it on the bus,

As it went up the hill out of Scranton, Pennsylvania,

He shrugged his shoulders; he shook his head,

And he said (and this is exactly what he said)

"Boy that sure must've been something.

Just imagine thirty thousand pounds of bananas.

Yes, there were thirty thousand pounds

Of mashed bananas.

Of bananas.

Just bananas.

Thirty thousand pounds.

Of Bananas.

Not no driver now.

Just bananas!

Rick...

My wife laughs and cries at the same time every time I crank up "Little Teddy Bear".... It's got everything...a real humnan tragedy!

Scott: Harry Chapin wrote it, and it's title is:

(drum roll)

taa daa

"Thirty Thousand Pounds of Bananas"

Harry Chapin Rules!!! Saw him at college the same year he died...there musta been 50 people there!!! LOL...He came out and he looked at the 50 people and he said,..."Is this it??!!!,...Well,...OK,..Come on down and gather round!!"..He pulled his stool and microphone down off the stage and put in down by the front row of seats,...everybody circled around and he played for 2hrs!!

It was like he was in your living room!! Just him,..a bar stool and his acoustic guitar,...un-frikkin'-believable!!

He took requests and talked to everyone,...answered a few questions and thoroughly enjoyed himself. Later that year he was killed in that car accident. Every time I hear "Taxi", I crank it up and think of that show. He was an unbelievable story teller,.....loved his stuff!!

Mac

..."Harry,....keep the change!"...LOL

Where were those trucks when I went to the prom? LOL

Latest posts

Back