RAINY LAKE MN. PRO-AM DAY 2

• Thread starter Mark Gross [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/48
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
This was blast-off day two at Rainy Lake in northern Minnesota. I love this picture. Needless to say every picture tells a story ,and this was the nice part of day.

I'm fairly certain that's me in my white Nitro hat.

The MN.PRO-AM pays out over 40,000. every tournement with 1st place paying out 10,000. top 15 in the money.

I loved every minute of it !
blastoffisland.jpg

I can't wait to fish St. Clair on a day that calm. Your so lucky.

Marke,

Champlain is supposed to be rockin' at 5 - 8 footers tomorrow with 50mph wind gusts. I don't think that I'll be on the water!! I might stop by the route 2 causeway and check it out.

Bob G.

That is a great shot, and one of the things that really is a side benefit to fishing. Heading out for our monthly Club tourney tomorrow morning, and the weather is just spectacular right now.

Tex

Bob,

I think I've seen 8 footers on Champlain last year while crossing the ferry. I felt like I was sitting in a car wash because the waves were crashing over the side....LOL

hahaha.....that reminds me of most of the "no wake" zones we have around here.....you should see it when it's rough!

And if water is like that most of the time, why not just run a deep V walleye Tundra??

Cuz' RANGER doesn't make the Tundra!!! LOL...Besides,...once you go glass,...you won't settle for less!!

I'd rather get swamped and go down with the boat than be in tin,atleast I'd go happy ! lol

My point of this picture WAS the calm and pristine waters of Minnesota .... GEEEEEE'S lol

Besides I like it rough!

Oh we KNEW what your point was,...and we wholeheartedly agree,.......we just like doggin' you!!..LOL

I keep tellin Mac that he should go for the Ranger 620 multi-species rather than his current 520 bass boat. If I decide to stay in MI for the long term (> 3yrs), I don't think I'll stay in a bass boat. I'll definitely be searching for a glass multi species boat between 20 and 25 feet with a minimum of 150hp.

I like the 620 too, but if I have my way in things, I'll be traveling alot with boat in tow,..fishing all over the place,..so I still want a bassboat....I'll consider a 620 when I no longer travel and i'm feelin' REAALLY old!!

I figure about 2 yrs!...LOL!!

See Mac - there's your problem ALL TOGETHER - Ranger!!! LOL

I tell ya, gotta wonder how much FUN it can be riding in any bass boat in that weather let alone trying to stand up and cast!

Hate to bust your bubble Trep....but my troubles ENDED when I bought a RANGER!!! LOL!!! However, the 'ol Body clock is still tickin' away!!!

Mac - don't start telling me about "the 'ol Body clock is still tickin' away!!!" I'm a ripe young 37 and did my back something nasty pulling 3 loaded boats out of the water before a storm in Ontario 4 weeks ago. I can still feel the pull when I lift something - like the 15 real railroad ties a friend and I relocated on Saturday!!! Man skinny, old and with a bad back - I've got ALL the excuses for not catching any fish!!! LOL

OH, and where are my shirts???

The shirts are no longer available.....BPS dropped them due to poor sales. Everybody loved 'em...but too few bought'em!

On to bigger and better things now...I refuse to give up!

Mac,

Are you serious about the shirts at BPS?

Trep, I might have some Scales and Tales shirts for sale at a special NTOWS member price for you at $250 a piece!! "Bait me"!!! LOL

Bob G.

Dead serious,....they're no longer being ordered,...they only have what's currently in stock...don't know if they'll carry the new ones from A-P or not......should know soon!

I got the bass and the crappie ones from BPS in Cincy. Everytime I've worn them people always say how cool they look. IMO they're better than the t-shirts BPS had before. Maybe they don't like 'em because they don't have the BPS logo on them?????

Don't know Sam,....they sell a lot of other shirts there w/o the BPS logo on them...I'm sure it's based on nation wide sales more than anything!! But price has a lot to do with it too....A-P can and will get a better price on their stuff because of sheer volumn! My previous partner had them printed in TX and we obviously couldn't get the volumn pricing either,....it's wierd...as much as a .25cent difference in wholesale pricing will mean as much as a dollar or more on the retail end.....it all falls into play!

That's why I'm so fired up over this A-P deal...they have the $$$ and the resources to get the BEST wholesale prices,...that will allow the highest "margins" for the retailers and that's what they want!! profit margins are the life blood of retailing....it's very finicky stuff!!!

Mac-Why didn't they put them in the catalogs?

Guy's like me aren't lucky enough to live near a BPS :(

Five hours is a long way to drive to buy a shirt.(even a S&T).

Let me know when I can pick one up at the local Wally World.

Steve,....only the top selling stuff get's in the BPS catalogs...but you're right,...it deffinetely would've helped the bottom line!! Hopefully they'll carry the new line from A-P and they'll sell better!! When/if they get in the local Wally World's,...I'll be one heck of a happy man, and Trep WILL get a new shirt!!! LOL!! Thanks for the support....past and future!!

Mac

Back