Raindances requested

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
If you are inclined to pray, are willing to cross your fingers, or know of a good raindance...

We have tropical storm Hanna headed up out of the Gulf, with a predicted path to take it right up the course of the Chattahoocie River, up into the upstate region of South Carolina.

Saying that this area needs rain is a big understatement. West Point Lake, Lake Lanier, Lake Hartwell, Lake Russell, Strom Thurmond Lake, and all of the nearby lakes, streams and rivers are desperate for a serious deluge.

Puttin' my dancin' shoes on now.

Rich, When your through with Hanna send her up to Jersey! The pumpkins on my farm are only a little bigger than softballs and fall is almost here...Not good!....I think most of the northeast could use it, yet up in Ontario 2 weeks ago, the lake we fish at was the highest water level we had ever seen it!

Rich - Did mine down at the pond tonite! Netted a 1lb and 2lb LM before the rain started! I figured me going fishing anywhere would BRING it on!!!

Let's hope is stays a while!!!

hey guys -

take it easy on the rain dancin stuff. i get up early sat morning to go fishin and it is raining here in oklahoma. well, come to think of it might not be your fault. today is the first day of our state fair and that always brings the rain. go ahead and keep dancin. lol

In Missouri and Illinois, the lakes are only down slightly. But the farmers' crops are horrible..... Being a commissioned salesman is difficult enough - but I don't know how farmers do it.....

Good thing Mac is out bear hunting - he'd be doing that nekid rain dance of his - now we only have to worry about Neeley!

Thanks for the reminder, Rich..... With so many other tragedies and conflicts going on all over the world, we sometimes forget about disasterous situations right in our own back yards..... I will direct a few extra thoughts and prayers.

me

Rich,

I'm with you. Fish some of the same impoundments, but from the SC side. Thankfully, we (SC) are probably on the DIRTY side of the storm, meaning we will get more rain. YEAH!

Decided not to go to the Couples Tourney today. Just didn't want to deal with being wet all day long. It's not moving as fast as they thought, which probably means good things for larger amounts of rain.

Don't want anyone to be hurt or have property damage, but would love to see some localized flooding (minor - again no damage or anyone hurt), so that all that runoff get's dumped into the rivers and lakes.

Tex

Looking good so far! Got a solid downpour last night, and expecting more this afternoon. Hanna should arrive overnight, if she steers true.

Hoping for no damage but plenty of water. Go Hanna!

Just checked the doppler radar, was wondering if I should hook up the Tracker for a early morning run to the Lake. Looks Like Hanna's gonna wet us some more this evening and early morning, looks like the boat stays DRY this weekend!

thanks for the rain!!such a nice day yesterday i washed the boat,figuring on going fishing this morning.guess it started in the borning early,since i was still up at 2:30am.

guess we will have to keep checking the local radar for a clearing!!

well,i guess ill go back to sleep for a while and rest up.

Wound up with 3+ inches of the wet stuff here in SC. Boy, was that ever needed. Now, if we can just get about another foot over the next month . . . .

I watched the news late last night when I got back in from fishin'..... Looks like the rain gods were in a hurry to answer all those prayers - they BLEW it in with a vengence!

Latest posts

Back