Quinsigamond Boat Ramp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Rose

Reaction score
Cass,The best ramp on Quinsig is at the north end of the lake on the Shrewsbury side. Early in the season is tough because of crew teams using the lake for Ragatta. The other ramp is on Rt.20 at Flint Pond. Good ramp and plenty of parking just be careful of thin water until you get out in the middle(great fishing in this area of the lake) then go under the Rt.20 bridge stay to your left get on plane and go to the sunset beach bridge go under and your in Quinsigmond away from the Ragatta. Only trouble may be dams set up last fall for weed control check to make sure they took them out or you will be limited to Flint Pond.Again not that large an area but great fishing. I hope this helps.

Ed

I think its pretty good others would not agree. We have large and smallmouth, trout ,salmon, pike, pickeral,perch,carp, sunfish, crappie and hornpout. Fishing for bass can be tough at times my largest is over 5Lbs and I have gotten quite a few over 4Lbs over the years. The lake is in the City of Worcester and the town of Shrewsbury so it gets a lot of pressure, plus it would help if you knew how to fish LOL. I think its a great night lake.

Ed

I like quinsig too, i have never gotten any big fish there but the numbers are always good. There is also the chance to land a big pike too. The only thing i dont like is the ramp on the main lake, its way too steep. I think the one on flint pond is much better.

Very cool I will have to give the place a shot, I have been doing more pike fishing lately so this might be good..

thanks

x

i fished a toury there 4/5 yrs ago.

we won, not a lot of big fish but we caught fish all day.

we never left the lilly pads. there was a guy fishing in a 12' game fisher and an elec motor right behind us. he caught an 8lb large mouth on a rubber worm. i took the pic for him and then he let it go. it was awsome.

we also launched from the rt20 side.

GregD

Latest posts

Back