Quicksilver shifter problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Sauer

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a Quicksilver 3000 classic shifter/throttle apart? The "Throttle Only" button is stuck in and won't let me use only the throttle. I looked pretty stupid with my g-friend driving the boat in circles while I sat on the back deck shooting Powertune thru the motor. John

John-

There's been lots of posts on this site about that same problem...I had it too! Dealer had to replace mine.

Ken says that some model years were recalled due to the sticking problem...

Try a search and I'm sure you'll find some good info...

az

John...had same problem with two of them. Both had to be replaced by dealer. You can disassemble the throttle and 'un-stick' the throttle advance, but your best bet is to just replace the whole assembly.

John -

If you're talking about the button that disengages the shift linkage so that you can advance the throttle in neutral..... It just pops out. Pry it out with something like a small screwdriver blade.

HOWEVER..... My suggestion, after wrestling with my shifter for a week this fall - Greg Meyer convinced me that it was a do-it-yourself project..... Take it to the dealer!

me!

Scott's right, there is a small indentation in the back of the button that allows you to pop off the cap. Just spin that button around until you see it. However, that plastic piece is just a cover for the metal cylinder that disengages the linkage...you're real problem!

You can pop the button and fiddle with the assembly for a quick-fix. It will happen again, though. Best to have it replaced...should be free and pretty quick by the dealer.

Back