PT 185 Boat Cover - Revisited

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Neely

Reaction score
Well boys and girls, here is the rest of the story. The Cabela's boat cover for Trackers really doesn't fit a 2002 PT 185 (like they and Attwood said). It's an Attwood product No. 15463P and it's just too tight to attempt to trailer. Cabela's issued a prompt refund.

Long story short - Attwood Part No. 15468P does fit; however, Cabela's wouldn't special order it. Another outfit in Virginia that Attwood referred me to didn't seem interested in my 'mail order' so Attwood sold it to me direct for $110 plus $7 freight. It came 5 business days later and I'm just tickled pink. The Attwood folk (located on the internet) were great. By the way, I don't really care much for Al Gore but I'm sure glad that he invented the Internet.

On another subject: I would like to know more about the "sharkhide" and "amazing green magic" aluminum cleaners mentioned in earlier threads.

Ringo...go to Sharkhide.com for that but, I don't know much about the "green magic"....I'd say any good metal polish should work. If your removing oxidation...get some muscle and a TON of towels cause they'll instantly turn black.

TEE

BTW...if you want to see my boat with it just click my library...

Tee, thanks for the info on the "Sharkhide". I want those lunkers to see me coming.

TEE, How is the Sharkhide holding up on your boat? Sure is a purty picture.

Latest posts

Back