prop question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Potaczek

Reaction score
Hi I have 2010 nitro z7 200 pro xs does anyone know what the best prop would be for this and how hi the jackplate should be up? I have a 6 inch jackplate and 26 pitch tempest plus runs 71.3 gps at 5750 rpm

Need more stats...especially water pressure. Keep going up on the jackplate until....

-you see water pressure at 15 psi MINIMUM OR

-there is a reduction of "lift" {the ability to hold the bow up} OR

-a speed reduction....usually as a result of one or more of the first parameters.

As a side benefit, the boat will have less tendency to chine-walk. With the increased jack height, If you see more prop blow-out coming out of the hole, don't worry as the brief 5000-6000 rpm launch will not hurt the engine. Tuck it in all the way and hammer down...;)

Thanks for the reply Bob I have over 20 psi water presure at wot. It chine walks a little bit do you think i could up on the pitch?

If you can gain speed with going up, and you are not on the rev limiter then leave it alone...I'd rather see it spin, lugging is the death of these motors.....;)

Back