potomac river 10-18-08

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
went to the potomac today, fished aquia creek, I did not see anybody from the stren tourny come down and fish at aquia, so we almost had the creek to ourselves, caught 23 all on the frog, biggest was 6.01, the fishwere still super aggressive, with most comming out of the water and landing on the frog, if they hit it you caught them,

had a blast. water was 63 to 64 degress.

mike c

how di you do jim, hope you stuck with the frog long enough to find them

Sat. was cut day and only ten of them were on the river.

Sounds like fun!!!!

You did good!! I talked to a couple that fished an ABA and they didn't catch a single fish all day long!! Good job!

Mike - wish I had done as well. Unfortunately, the wind, a tournament and a late start conspired to keep me off the fish yesterday. Launched at Slavin's ramp into Mattawoman around 2pm and it was a zoo!! You couldn't go anywhere in the creek where there weren't several boats already there. One guy even decided he wanted to fish less than 50 yards off my bow so parked his boat in the weeds in front of me. By 4pm, the creek was deserted as everyone went to the weigh in, but even that didn't help. Next time, I may have to drive further south to Aquia! Did try the frogs and got a few nudges but with all the traffic, I willing to bet the fish weren't in the biting mood! At least the boat was running flawlessly.