Potomac Bass Report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Went out twice this weekend. On Saturday, a buddy of mine and a friend of his joined me on the middle Potomac near the WW Bridge. Not nearly as many boats out as expected. I can understand why - we caught a couple of catfish, but no bass. Doesn't seem like they really have turned on yet and the water temp was 58 degrees. Of course, it could also have been my lack of fishing skill! On Sunday, I went out for a few hours in the afternoon on Mattawoman Creek with the wife and little man. Slavin's boat ramp was closed for reconstruction (about time!), so we launched out of Smallwood. Saw a TON of bass boats all up and down the creek, but no fish either in our boat or the others. Water temps this time were about 62 degrees and murky. Oh well, hopefully next week will be better!

JC

i went out with the wife on sunday at aquia. caught 11 bass all on wood in less than 4 ft water. temp was 58 to 61. but the water was off color more than usual.

mike

Thanks Mike - just confirms what I had suspected, my fishing skills need work!

where are you fishing up there jim, in dc water or va/md? maybe i can help, i can be persuded to reveal a few spots i used to fish there all the time.

mike

Thanks Mike. I'm fishing the edge of DC/MD waters at Blue Plains or further south in the Spoils. Haven't tried below the WW bridge, but always open. Maybe we can get together and fish some spots (your boat or mine, its all good to me!).

JC

sounds good jim, i miss fishing up that way and need to make a trip down there soon.

im busy the next two weekends but after that i am game.

mike

Mike - feel free to ping me offline. I'm always game!

JC

Latest posts

Back