Pollak Ignition Switch Defect...Received Repair Kit

• Thread starter Mike L. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/878/p
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass this info on to those interested....Hope it helps someone......Today I received my Repair kit from Pollak Switch to repair my boat key ignition as stated in my post a week ago. It took 7 days from calling them to receive my kit.....not bad service!

It seems that water would cause trouble with the ignition key and this 'kit' helps to make the key assembly more water resistant than it presently is.

I haven't installed it yet as the snow covered boat is still sealed for the winter, but it should be simple after seeing what they sent me.

Basically, they have you remove the front nut holding your key ignition key in place and replace it with washers and a plastic nut which has a grooved end on it . This holds a sloted rubber cap over your keyhole to help keep water out when the key is inserted.

They also give you 2 pretty neat key boots/covers which , when inserted into the ignition switch, keeps the whole switch covered to keep out water! Pretty neat!

In my picture , I placed one of my keys in one of the key boots to give you an idea what it does.

Seems pretty simple and if it helps prevent any trouble on the water its worth the few minutes to install it!
pollak1.JPG

I had recorded my key number in my manual, and that's why I had asked about it earlier. But last night I pulled the rubber cover off of the key itself. On one side it read POLLAK BOSTON USA. On the other side, down on the shank of the key was the number 55.

I called POLLAK (thanks for the toll-free number, Craig!) and explained my situation to the person who answered the phone. She immediately knew what I was talking about (one of you must have called yesterday) and they are shipping the kit out to me.

Thanks for the post on this issue!!!!!

MO

Mike,

Thanks for your message. I finally checked mine and it looks like I have a problem key. It is silver with the name POLLAK BOSTON USA on one side and the number 51 on the other side. I will call Pollak on Monday to confirm. I think there number is 1-866-485-2410

Thanks.

>>Dennis

Thanks Mike - Haven't recieved any mail from them but will print the number out and call on Monday.

Post up after you do the install to let us know how easy it is!

Mike - Still didn't get the notice but called this morning and the nicest/friendliest lady confirmed that my boat was in the fix batch. She took my info and said they'd ship it right out! Now that's proactive and great customer service!!

Thanks again Mike L.!!

Latest posts

Back