Photo Shop:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bouvier

Reaction score
I was wondering if photo shop has the capabilities to modify a B17 photo for me before I go out a purchase a copy. I have a B17 photo that I would like to change the lettering on it to depict my Dad

I'm not sure Buzz about photo shop but that is a beautiful site . My father also flew in the b-17 first as a side gunner. The plan was shot down and he was the only one to survive though his leg was factored . another soldier that was also taken prisoner put a splint on it for him and helped him during the long march to the pow camp.

You marched or you died period. He was only seventeen. after the war he went to collage then returned to the Army Air Corp and became a pilot . retired as a full bird Col .

He's my hero

Mark:)

Mark, my dad was a pilot of this bird and was shot down and spent a year as a POW, he didn't talk much about his days as a POW but would ramble on about this plane, and I thought I would honor him by having his numbers put on the plane if possible.

Buzz

It would be pretty simple to change the numbers in Photo Shop. How good it would look would depend on the size and resolution of the original photo. Also, a full version of Photo Shop would set you back several hundred dollars. It might be cheaper to have it done in a graphics shop.

The copyright question is another matter.

Buzz - Send me the url for the photo and what you want changed. My daughter is a graphic artist and I am sure she would be happy to make the changes for you. As mentioned previously it will come down to the resolution of the picture as to how good the changes will be. Send me an email with the info and I will send it on to her.

My son is a Photoshop guru. When you send it to Bill, also send it to me and I'll have my son take a look at it. Much of what Bill says is true. Resolution is the biggest part of the picture. With what I've seen him do, it should not be a problem.

Did your Dad's plane have any 'custom painting' done on it?

Tex

Tex, no it didn't have any artwork on it. I just need to change the tail numbers, the large numbers on the side and the letter inside the triangles. Also wold to remove the white ensigned on the front of the nose if at all possible. I'll get the photo emailed to you Tex, and Bill in VA.

Buzz

Buzz, Good luck with getting this done . Thankfully we have a lot of people here with a lot of talent that can help.

P.S. My father doesn't talk about being in camp just the march and the fellow soldier that saved his life.

Mark

Mini is good at PhotoChop? THAT explains all those pictures of him holdin' hawgs...

:D

I have the full blown version of PhotoShop and I'd like to have a dime for every time I said to myself I was going to learn how to properly use it. Of course, I never did. But I did know at least a couple of people here would be able to help you out Buzz.. That's a great idea and your Dad is going to love it..

BTW..Buzz and Mark - Those guys are my Heroes too..

Uncle Billy

Trust me. I am MUCH better at fishing than I am at photoshop....

I would volunteer for this Buzz, but I think you have two candidates that would be much better (and faster).

Mini

Buzz - Resolution on the plane pic is very poor. Can you tell me where you got the pic and I'll see if I can get a denser pixel pic so we can make the changes.

Bill

When I get home from work tonight Bill, I'll look for it again.

Buzz

Uncle Billy - Once I saw the size of the file from Buzz I did the same thing as you. Unfortunately, they all have poor resolution but I am still looking. Thanks for helping!

Latest posts

Back