Our wonderful TV news people

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Glover

Reaction score
I know I saw this right this morning on MSNBC. After explaining how American forces raided some secret Iraqi prison where it was alleged Shiite guards were abusing Sunni detainees, it showed the bare back of one man with, indeed, several really big bruises. Only problem with this background shot was, this "detainee" was wearing a 9mm in his back belt.

Trust me, I saw this...two degrees in journalism and many years in the public affairs business so I'm well trained in watching the news carefully.

And did you ever wonder WHY every network feels compelled to report each and every American death in the Iraqi and Afghanistan war zones? Can anyone remember daily causualy reports duirng the Korean or Viet Nam wars?

I dunno. I'll stick with PBS. Most of the time, they report it straight.

jag

I thought I was seeing things. Makes you wonder who's taking who for a ride. Thank god I live right by FT. Drum, N.Y. so I get to hear whats really going on from the one's who have been there and are headed back.:angry:

Jack, I saw this same piece on the national news two days ago and noticed the 9mm as you did. I also have a set of mass communications degrees, and have chosen another profession because of these kinds of activities.

I was in Vietnam during 1870-1971. I remember exaggerated North Vietnamese body counts from the military, but now US deaths on a daily basis. The journalists didn't like that war either.

Here's what I don't get.........What do they do to American prisoners...........BEHEAD THEM!!! I can't get my mind around why this is even an issue. They get some boo-boo's no worse than I got playing high school football and their prisoners get beheaded?????????

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back