One of those days (WEEKS)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Gibson2

Reaction score
I took 3 days off work last week to go fishing. Truck was in the shop supposed to be done on Tuesday, did not get it back until Friday. In the meantime AC in the house died, had to get that fixed. Between all of that and the weather I could not get on the lake until Sunday afternoon. When we got ready to head for our second spot I could not get the motor out of neutral. Lucky it was early so my trolling batteries still had a full charge, I trolled back to the ramp and had to get out in the cold water to pull the boat back up on the trailer. The control box and cables on the boat are shot, the dealer says parts will not be in until Friday, so no fishing next weekend. At least I know that in advance and don't have to worry about making any plans. Hope the rest of you are having better luck!

Nope, replaced my control box, now getting a total rebuild! Have faith Read, it could be worse! Just ask Mac or me! LOL

Maybe we should all get rid of our boats and get a Sony PS2, those new fishing games are really realistic. And heck if the whole system blows up you are only out $300!

We'll pretend like you didn't just say that! You're not one of those guys/kids that sits around sucking down moutain dew, playing video games and punk rock music (that rattles my windows) until 3 am in the apt behind my house are you! LOL Video games are not for me. My 4 year old loves them. But I'd rather be hunting or fishing. There is no substitute!

Ouch, guess I forgot to put the :) in there so you would know I was joking. I would not know what a PS2 was except I am always telling my 11 year old NO when he starts begging for one. I moved out of the city a couple of years ago to live among the critters I stalk, I agree there is nothing else like it!

I feel your pain, gentleman! I'm on a run of pretty bad luck myself. Wind/waves tossed my boat into some rocks last week and tore up my transom pretty good. Tonight, I found a HUGE scrape on the side of my boat where my neighbor backed his stupid RV into it. This supposedly Christian man stood in front of me and had the cajones to tell me that he didn't do it (while shuffling along the side of his RV to hide the matching scrape on his rear quarter-panel).

I haven't lived in an apartment since college and only do so now out of necessity (didn't have time to buy a house when I first moved down here). Mark my words, I'm gettin' outta here!!

I'd have turned him in. The matching paint will tell the truth!

Well, I fished a tournament Sunday and had a terrible day! I broke the transducer bracket off my trolling motor. lost the nut that holds my trolling motor on , found a replacement(borrowed) and then an hour later I broke my steering cable on my trolling motor! Started off the morning by swinging a 16 incher in the boat and it came unpinned and bounced out the other side!!!!! Ended the day with 2 fish for 2.39 pounds! Fell from 4th to 11th overall in the points race! The only good thing is the wife didn't even mention fixing it and said to just go ahead and order a new one!!(it's nine years old)

Tim

Tim,...get that motor ordered NOW!!! BEFORE the post-partum depression sets in!!!....LOL!!!

BTW,..don't sweat the lost fish,....it's eaaarrlly in the season...better to have it happen now than in the last tournament of the year and you GOTTA have it to win!! Now you'll have all season to make up for it!! Been there!!

Hang tough Big Dog!!

Mac

Latest posts

Back