One last Katrina story

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe haley

Reaction score
just wanted to post this about Home Depot we were at our local HD store looking for some flooring for our lake house a young black man asked if we needed help my wife explained our lake house had been flooded because of bad washing machine hose he then said he could relate to that he said he was from NO and his house was under 20ft. of water and he had lost everything my wife then said we had no problems compared to his he then said he worked for HD down in NO and they gave him a job at there store here and let him work full time because he needed the money. how many other big corparations are going to do this for their employes we have a Lowes and HD across the street from each other and I never cared who I went to I think from now on I will go to HD because they care for their employes

JD

There are several companies doing the same thing. I heard recently that any displaced McDonalds employee can get work at the local McDonalds where they are staying.

Wolf

Hold on to your arss's....Rita has just been upgraded to a Category 5!!:blink::eek:

East Texas better be better prepaired than LA was!!!:angry:

Check CNN.com.....they're already starting the scare tactics saying gas will be 5 bux a gallon next week...which will drive consumers to fill up this week, increasing demand therefore driving up the prices as they predicted.

You know what....it doesn't really matter if we pay 5 bux a gallon and go broke....according to the media, we're all gonna die from the Avian FLu that's coming this winter. :(

My sis in law has 4 displaced folks working with her at wally world under the same circumstances. They have employed all of there displaced employees that wanted it in other stores.

Walmart is also letting their employee's displaced from the NO area transfer to any store in the area they are now in. Someone at our local Wally-world told me that they are even giving priority hiring to non-employee's that want to work.

Latest posts

Back