OK ..ITS FOOTBALL SEASON

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob szymakowski

Reaction score
I know...I know...but hell fire..at the ripe age of 60..living in NC...having fished for walleyes and salmon most of my life in Wisconsin....I can only say

GO PACK.....................GO PACK:cool::cool:

bring it on the Cowgirl fans...you Viqueen wanna be's...you Bear-ly cave dwellers.....

ARE YOU READDY<<>>>?????????:blink::blink:

I live in Detroit. Who cares? :)

I did make a wager on the LY-DOWNS....buddy said they make the playoffs this year. I gave em even money on a hundo they dont. Then I tried to get him to a grand on the second round....I found out how big of a believer he is! lol

"I did make a wager on the LY-DOWNS....buddy said they make the playoffs this year. I gave em even money on a hundo they dont. Then I tried to get him to a grand on the second round....I found out how big of a believer he is! lol"

You never know man, stranger things have happened.... Back in 2001 nobody in NE, myself included thought the Patriots had a remote chance at making the playoffs after the 5-11 season the year before and that was even before Bledsoe got hurt. After he got hurt we were thinking #1 draft pick and i think you know the rest....

Jim B: NE is NOT Detroit. 5-11 is a successful season here!

Mini, they used to be.... NE was the worst franchise in football for a long time back in the 70's and 80's, they were flat out terrible.

Mini,......we might be in for a pleasant surprise this year...."IF" Stafford can stay verticle, we have a very good chance of going atleast 8-8. :rolleyes: The "D" will be AWESOME this year.....atleast much better than the past 4-5 years anyway!!

Jim B: I realize that....the Lions were terrible then too!

From Wiki:

"The Detroit Lions are a professional American football team based in Detroit, Michigan. They are members of the North Division of the National Football Conference (NFC) in the National Football League (NFL), and play their home games at Ford Field in downtown Detroit.

Originally based in Portsmouth, Ohio and called the Portsmouth Spartans, the team began play in 1929 as an independent professional team,[1] one of many such teams in the Ohio and Scioto River valleys. For the 1930 season, the Spartans formally joined the NFL as the other area independents folded because of the Great Depression. Despite success within the NFL, they could not survive in Portsmouth, then the NFL's smallest city. The team was purchased and moved to Detroit for the 1934 season.

The Lions have won four NFL Championships, the last in 1957, giving the club the second-longest NFL championship drought behind the Arizona Cardinals, who last won in 1947 (as the Chicago Cardinals). The Lions are one of four current NFL teams that have yet to qualify for the Super Bowl, the only one with an unbroken NFL existence dating to before 1995, and the only one in the NFC. The team has qualified for the playoffs only nine times in the more than 50 years since winning the 1957 championship. The Lions hold the second longest regular season losing streak in NFL history, losing 19 straight games from the final week of the 2007 season and ending on September 27, 2009, when the Lions defeated the Washington Redskins 19

LOL..you'll be sportin' a Stafford jersey before the end of this year!! (I haven't owned a Lions jersey since Spielman's # 54!!) :eek: (...and my nephew, who is a die hard cryboy's fan received that jersey as a white elephant gift one year for xmas!! LMAO)

Here in Swamp People country, Southeast Louisiana.... we have the LSU Tigers.. and the Saints..

I am ready for some football!!!!!!

Bubby:)

Congrats to Minnesota for gettin' McNabb. More congrats to the 'Skins for gettin' rid of him and if only we could get rid of Haynesworth! :lol::lol:

Go Colts!

Can't wait to see the Huskers tear up the Big Ten!

The Huskers playing in the Big 10 is like the Buffalo Bills playing in the NFL. They are members and will play a full schedule. All of the Big 10 Teams will be waiting to give the Huskers a real welcome. It won't be pretty, at all. Better get out your crying towel.

Tex

Knoxville paper says Haynesworth going to Pats. If he gets outta line, take him to Southie!

Penn State and Colts

Teri, is that an official prediction about the Huskers? :p

Will they play any better than they did the important games against good teams - of last season? The Huskers that is.

Against Texas - LOST.

Against Texas A&M - LOST.

Against OK in the Big 12 Championship - LOST.

Against Washingto in the 'Holiday Bowl' - LOST.

Do we see a pattern here . . . .

Tex

All of you can bite my toe.

Huskers will be in the Big 10 Championship. Guaranteed!!!

Boob G. (and no that isn't a typo :p), put your money where your mouth is.

The best thing that ever came out of Nebraska (other than Toxic),....is Ndamukong Suh,...and ya'll know who he plays for NOW!!! Bwwaahhaaa!!!!!:wub:

SSSSSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We absolutely LOVE him around here,......the consumate professional....he does a LOT for local charities, kids, hospitals etc..etc. If I was going to buy a Lions jersey today...i'd have to lean hard towards his number!! The dude is a monster on the field and a very civic minded caring young man off the field. As far as professional athlete "role models" go....he's one of the VERY BEST (along with several of the Red Wings and a few Tigers!) If Motown get's a good football team again soon....lookout,..it will be CRAAZZYYY around here!! Heck, Ford Field sells out damn near every week even when they're 2-14!! Put a GOOD team out there and ya won't even be able to get near the place!:wub:

settle down Mac....we are on the 15th season of rebuilding. This is going to take a while! :)

I like my Lions Jersey!!!

NAAWww,,..they weren't serious until 2 yrs ago,...............the previous 13 years were just talk and going thru the motions....:(

Teriyouareabeyotch (that's not a typo either) :p :lol:

Nov 12th, Nebraska at Penn State, time is not set yet

Hoping it's a night game cuz it's the first day of buck season in VT. Looks like I need to get one in the morning!

I love Suh. I've even thought about getting his jersey - if only he didn't play for such a pitiful team. Your QB ruined my fantasy team last year. Sissy!

Bob, do I get the +3 home field advantage? I guess I will be subscribing to the Big Ten channel this year. I am finally fired up about college football again. I grew up IU and Purdue fan and having Nebraska (my fav) move to Big 10 is just awesome.

Teri, ya know I'm just messing with ya. I'll give you the 3, so you don't have a hissy fit! We can't get the Big Ten Channel in VT on Dish Network......because we have no Big Ten teams in VT. What a crock of sh*t. Luckily, Big Ten teams get some good air time here.

PennState.png

Go Notre Dame and Philadelphia Eagles!!!

The Eagles are making some huge moves to shore up that defense too!

ND is coming in under the wire this year! SHHHHHH!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back