Off-Topic - but I gotta rant ...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Any Nitro owners have this situation? I fish alone 90% of the time so I come back to the ramp and luckily there's a sandy area where I can beach the Z6 while I quickly hop off and go get the truck. A fat fu*&*^er in a jet ski hammers it, lauches right next to me and shoots a stream of water about 7' high RIGHT INTO MY BOAT! WTF!

Im with ya. Jet-skiers have the same mentallity as those who ride "Crotch-rocket" motorcycles. They both think they're the only ones out there. Ive never been either one, and never will.

I can't stand them either. Last week I was heading to the back of a cove and I got passed by one. He did about five 360's then left, ruined the spot where I was headed. I wonder if there is a jet ski forum where I can vent my frustration.:lol: Chris F.

Hold up, Ken, don't throw out a net and try to catch us all. I ride a sport bike....considerately and cautiously. No matter if you ride a sport bike, cruiser, pleasure boat, bass boat, or jetski, every group has their share of bad seeds that puts a black cloud over the rest.

Eric

You're right Eric - of course. My post wasn't an indictment of the whole jetski community and I don't want to make a big deal about it. I just could not believe some jerk would do that. I also had a tin boat with a PETA sign on the side, circle me real close 4 or 5 times. Why? I have no clue.

Gary - Those hooks were hurting the fishes mouth. LOL Jet skiers generally get a bad rap but most deserve it. They are total a-holes when they get on the water. With the licensing requirement for Jet Ski's beginng on 1 Jul in Virginia, I hope we will cut down on the idiots and the boat police willstart writing them u with heavy fines.

Ken - You sure know how to offend the crotch rocket drivers, but like jet ski's I find the majority of the bike riders are just as bad if not worse. Sorry Eric - there are exceptions to the majority so thank you for being considerate and cautious.

Speaking of licensing - Twenty years ago I paid $500 for a lifetime hunting and fishing license in NC. At that time I thought I'd have clear access to any "Fishing Access - State Maintained" ramps. Now I can barely SEE the ramp with all the pleasure boaters and bobber-fisherman types sitting ON the ramp. And they act like I'M bothering THEM when I come back to load LadyZ6 back on the trailer.

Guess I'm outta line .... but man, my patience is running out.

It's all good, Gary......no harm, no foul. I just wanted to go on record as one of those who does care about your safety, as well as my own.

Eric

Assholes Abound!:lol:

Haven't seen too many safe jet skiers lately:eek:

I have a simple rule with jet ski riders. Anything I can cast to from my boat is "my space" so to speak. I keep a rod next to me with a Little George tied on. In addition to catching fish, it casts a long way. I'll give an inconsiderate jet skier one free pass, but after that I "cross his bow" with a long cast, usually far enough in front of them that it's well down before they get to it. They usually get the message quickly and leave. No one's been hurt....yet.

I fished with a guy one time that carried several tennis balls with a small cut in them so he oculd fill them with water and throw them at jet skiers that got to close. Said he had hit a few skis but not the driver to date. I am 6' 225 and in pretty good shape and this guy is someone that would have made me think twice even if I had had a few!!!!!

LOL Bob... What does that make my bike? A crotch rocket on stilts?

Personally i cant stereotype against any boating group. I think there is a group called a-holes and there those that belong in that group regardless of what they drive, or what kind of boat they own.

Over the years i have had close calls with just about every type of watercraft out there, the worst being when i almost bailed out of my boat because i thought for sure the guy coming at me at 70+ in his bassboat was going to run me over, he came within feet of hitting me. And my all time fav was the a-hole in the sailboat that actually did hit me while i was anchored up eating my lunch. He then had the nerve to try to yell at me saying he had the right of way because he is in a sailboat... um last time checked an anchored boat always had right of way over any boat in motion regardless of method of propulsion.

Hey, Bob B., if you are being sarcastic, that's a good one....:D

If you do indeed ride a sport bike, what do you ride?

Eric

Just traded my Versys for a 2011 Ninja 1000......picking it up next week....

went to a little jewel of a lake in south dakota that we hadn't been to in awhile yesterday. Usually lots of largemouth and northern and quietness.The lake was infested with jet ski's and skiers and tubers. Keep in mind 80 acre lake. Lots of pwc waves and for some reason no fish bites.:angry:

Nice bike, Bob. Just sold a 2008 Hyabusa, getting a newer one in August. Stay safe, my friend.

Eric

AHHHH the infamous 'Busa. It's an animal! Had a 2002 ZX-12R with a few mods and it did an honest 102 in first gear. Those things accelerate almost faster than your brain can process it....LOL.....ride safe!!!

Nice Bob.

What color did you get? I was just checking them out online and the black and candy red is really sweet.

Yes sir, it's definitely an animal. I've been looking at a 2010, all black with polished aluminum wheels, its a beauty.

Eric

Very nice. I really like that red, there is something about candy red that i just love although i have really taking a liking to the Ducati red....

We need to hook up for sure once you get it and go for a ride. You still need to hop on my Multi and put it thru its paces. Its for sure all broken in now with 3k on the clock, the motor has loosened up nice. Im still really impressed with the motor, the midrange punch is just stupid powerful from 6k up it really sounds like the superbike engine its derived from.

Need to raise the limit on Jet Skiers. One per day per person is way too tight.

Don't limit the jet skiers but ALL the A-Holes!No limit required! LOL. I would buy a license for that.

was that a boat you park on the beach or your sofa ??? your at the lake your going it wet....

Jet skiers are a pain in the butt,about half of them I think are just a-holes,about a fourth are just stupid and dont know anybetter,the other fourth are just fun lovers with boating courteousy,the ones that really pish me off,are the tournament fishermen that think everyone else ought to stay home,just because they are in a tournament,they are the most discourteous of all.

Latest posts

Back