No pleasure, no rapture, no sin greater than a nice dry garage to work in

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Ruiz

Reaction score
Well the good news is that after some experimenting, we managed to get ye' olde 929 in my buddy pete's body shop garage bay. Editors note: We had about 3 inches of clearance on each side going in through the roll up door frame, however, once in, plenty of room to work with. We managed to get the rest of the stereo in, all powered up and working.

A few interesting notes: Number one, nitro has got to be ones of the best built bass boats on the planet. After running a five inch hole saw through the fiberglass underneath the center jump seat, you realize just how hevily they are built. We have done this to probably just about every boat brand in existance. Both fresh and salt water, and nitro has got the fiberglass game locked down. Number two, fortunatly there are no critical components behind that fiberglass under the center jump seat as we were guessing on that one. The only thing we can get down there is a wire snake to get a hold of the speaker wires.

Other than that, both mid range speakers are in, along with the four tweeters. Two in the gunwales, and two in the dash itself (pics to follow). Without the amp, it sounds awsome. With the JBL amp, it sounds amazing. The mids and highs blend seamlesly. We figured it would sound good, but this is better than we thought. In the diver and passenger seat it actually sounds like a high end car audio system. Though obviously on a boat its harder to make a system "pound", as you're basically trying to "pound" the outside. Its definetly awsome though. Asthetics wise it looks about as good as we figured. The red and silver pattern Momo used on the MM445 system looks mint with the color scheme.

Just figured I would pop in with an update..realizing the time is about 10:30PM. Once again, bless my buddy pete for his garage bay, as its apparently supposed to pour rain here for the next 3 days!

Tight Lines & fish hard

also, this post was brought to you by Black Coffee, Red Bull, and hostess sno-balls....yea..needed a tad of a caffine boost for tonites antics

Carlos

Both cross overs, as well as the amp are located under the passengers side storage bin in the rear storage compartment. if you take the bin out now on mine, there are two cross overs mounted horizontally on the thin wall separating the bilge compartment from the rear storage compartment, the amp is mounted on the floor right next to the battery that is in the factory location. Very convienent as I am powering the deck from there as well as the amp from a small BlueSEA fuse distribution panel. That is also mounted horiziontally on the separater wall. All in all, not too bad of a set up. Tough getting the crossovers in straight, we did a hi/lo set up. Wires out the top on the high one, and wires out the bottom on the low one. Ill post pics of that tomorow when im verticle...apparently though im not sleeping tonite cuz of all the freekin caffine. Its 1 AM and im wired up like a cheap banjo!

Tight Lines & fish hard

WOWo sounds pretty tight for sure. Hope that you do not have to get up early tomorrow!!

Carlos

Latest posts

Back