Nitro leans when cruising

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted S

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am the proud new owner of a 99 Nitro LX700-90hp Merc. I noticed when cruising on the lake that the boat "leans" to the left (passenger side). I accused my buddy of out weighing me and causing it to lean.:D It's not too bad but is noticeable and have to correct with steering it to the right. Could it be something other than weight distribution? I weigh 200, my fishing buddy claimes he weighs 250 (I would say 275). The only thing extra on his side is one trolling battery. There are only 6 rods in the rod locker on that side. The anchors are in the middle front storage. Life vests, paddle and pedestal seats stuff is in the right hand locker. Rear storage on passenger side is empty, the drivers side rear storage we use as a cooler with ice and beverages.....I'm puzzled. If anything I think I would be heavy on my side! It only seems to lean when the boat is under power cruising across the lake. Not a noticeable lean when the boat is just floating....

Any suggestions to look for? Has anybody else ever had this happen?

Try adjusting the trim tab above the prop. I think you should turn it to the left a little?

BF

Have you tried adjusting the power trim "up" slightly? At full trim "in" the boat will tend to lean to port.....;)

I usually just leave the motor down, I will try to trim it up a little at a time next time on the lake. I'm also running a hydrofoil without the trim tab anode. The guy I purchased the boat from said the hydrofoil made it get up on plane faster. If I take it off, is there something else that is supposed to be there or is it just bare?

Thanks for the help,

Ted

The the foil on.... I bet your leaning issue will disappear when you trim the motor up after getting on plane.

Are you afraid to trim up - try it, it will run like a different boat.

Go out and play with it some, you will not know what your boat will do until you learn to trim up as you come out of the hole, and where you should adjustyour trim to for speed and fuel economy. Do this at multiple speeds and as you come out of the hole, not after. This is not just for leaning correction but overall improved performance. This was edited to remove any reference that could be construed as negative.

Who is the guy that piles on with the same advice as all the others and then dis's the guy? I love it ... "with all due respect, I'm going to disrespect you." :D

Latest posts

Back