New tow vehicle/daily driver.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
Finally traded in my Dodge Ram Quad Cab for my ultimate family truck - 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab. Pic is in "my library". It only comes in one motor - 6.0L, 300HP. So far I have added Ventvisors, bug deflector, Linex bed liner, Draw-tite brake box and MAAP running boards (not in pic). I had the running boards sprayed with Linex to prevent corrosion. The running boards were just installed yesterday. I also ordered an A.R.E. cap that is due in next week. Still have to mount cell phone and CB and antennas. Will update library when the package is complete.

Bob G.

My wife is still mad at you for trading in the dodge.:0)

Nice looking truck. Let me know when you get the new photos of it.

Later

Great choice on the Chevy. Bob, and any of you guys that own Chevy or GMC trucks, I have a link for you.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/

This is a great site for info on GM trucks. Join the forum by signing up / registering, there are a bunch of great guys on there that can help with any questions or concerns you might have. I've been a member since October, learned alot from these guys. Tell 'em bassdog sent ya :)

Bruce

Rocket launchers? Bullet proof glass? Ejection seat? Radar? Submarine conversion kit? 50-Series tires? Mag wheels? Nitrous? Supercharger? Pre-amp? Sub-woofer? Fuzzy dice? Hula girl? Plastic Jesus? Back window cat with eyes that flash with the directional signals? Pine tree air freshener? Bumper sticker that says "No cash. No grass. No a--. No ride."? Rear window "Fear This" decal? Jack-in-the-Box antenna ball? Prop that fits in the trailer hitch? Laser side striping? Yosemite Sam mud flaps? Static straps? Fuzzy steering wheel cover? Faux leopard skin seat covers? Oh, yeah..... One other thing..... Platinum Visa for your fuel bill - for everything else there's MasterCard!

Nice ride!

me!

Bruce,

Thanks for the info on the gm-trucks website. It looks like the place to go to check out GM truck info.

Scott,

The truck has ALL of items you mentioned!!! You know that you show your age with some of the items you listed! My wife makes sure that my allowance covers gas for thirsty trucks and boats. She's the best and is NOT available - no sisters either!

Bob G.

Sisters? Did I say anything about sister? What ever gave you a crazy idea like that?

me!

Oh, yeah..... Forgot..... Pink and purple tuck-and-rollies, Man?

Bob,

Wise choice! All of my clients who have purchased the 1500 HD Crew Cab have been extremely satisfied. It has exceeded all their expectations. You should be very happy with your new Chevy for many years to come.

Regards & pleasant motoring,

Gary Cooke

Scott,

You're slipping. You forgot about the monkey fur dash cover and illuminated curb feelers. I need to make sure that I get my rig down the ramp!!

Bob G.

Bob,

My father-in-law just got the same thing but in a 2500 HD. He was upset that the cap for his '98 didn't fit, nor did his plow frame. He rigged his cap though and has it on now. Sweet truck though. He says, Chevy makes NO claim on the mileage! LOL Guess if you can afford the truck, you can afford to feed it!

Got my '02 1500HD C.C. in Aug. and LOVE it! (Pics in My Library) Pulls a 929 like it's not even there. After Suburbans and Tahoes every year it felt good to get back to a truck chassis. I'm thinking of trying a Duramax next year, but hate to give up the comfortability of the 1500 chassis ride.(Duramax only availlable in 2500 and up.) Gas mileage is identical with what I was getting in previous years with the 327, except trailering through the mountains where I get better gas mileage now! If you own a Chevy, you can't trade up!!

Sorry 'bout the monkey fur..... Can't believe I forgot curb feelers.....

Colored wheel well lights?

Latest posts

Back