New Ride on the Way!!!!

• Thread starter Richard Whittemore
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Whittemore

Reaction score
Keep in mind, I own tin.

This past Friday I ordered a 2004 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Pickup. They just started production on this model Jan. 6th. They don't even have pictures of it on the internet (GM) websites yet. it's a:

CK 1500

Sand Beige Metalic

5.3L (325 ci) Vortec 295 hp @ 5200rpm 330 ft.lb. torque @4k

Four speed elec. cont. with overdive and tow/haul mode, w/ 3.42 gear, heavy duty locking differential rearend.

Towing package, rated at 9200lbs. includes tranny oil cooler and wire harness.

I have access to quality accessories at really good prices so I'll do all that myself.

It'll have heated leather seats and just a about every gizmo you could want. If you're interested in one go to gmbuypower.com and build an SLT for yourself.

Oh yeah, OnStar, 6cd changer, 6 Bose speakers with subwoofer, XM radio, rear leather seats.

I'm excited about it, like a kid waiting for Christmas day.

I've been driving a GMC SLE Southern Comfort conversion for almost 12 years, it's still in great shape. (They gave me 5K for it on trade in.)! I was hoping to sell it out right for 6500 so what the heck, I don't have to answer all the phone calls and show it and all the other bull. To me that's worth the 1500.

Pictures when I get her home.

order date is Feb. 5th

build date is Feb. 16th

drive home about late March.

Thank you for buying GM!!! You'll love it!!! (Now,..about that tin,..LOL)

:eek:)

Mac

(a GM employee for @21yrs!!)

Jr... It do get cool/cold in Georgia. I'm from Vermont originally and down south it's a different (drier) cold.

I'm gonna enjoy those heated seats... and outside heated mirrors!

Mac...

It was a no brainer. I have access to Ford's A plan. No way Ford is going to offer cash back on their Lariat. (Yes, I shopped Ford). Ford dealer would not talk horse trading but the guys at GMC "WANTED" to sell me a truck + $3000 cash back and a good trade in price they almost doubled Ford trade in offer.

I have owned 3 Fords and soon to be 3 GM trucks. All have given me good service.

I beleive in buying American too, but it gets harder and harder because so much is being done outside the USA now.

About the TIN. I've had 3 glass boats and 1 tin. I'm too old for flying low and polishing hulls so I'll be pulling tine behind that GMC...

You're going to love it! Big, roomy, comfy ride. Feels like you're in a limo. Although I wish they'd have kept the HD in the 1500 lineup. I love mine! Good luck and enjoy your new toy!!
2002 HD.JPG

Nice rides, congratulations!!!

Dan,

The 1500HD is now the 2500 Crew Cab, same truck, different name.

GM came out with a 1500 Crew Cab (to compete with the Ford Super Crew), 5.3L engine and an extra short box (less than 6.5').

Bob G.

Thanks Bob!

I looked at the 2500 HD, 6.0L, and sure enough,the GVWR spec's are the same as ours. Now we get more engine choices and the longer bed choice. (No thanks!) As long as it rides the same and has 4 wheel steering, I'm sold! Maybe our current rides will become a collector's item?!! (LOL!!)

Latest posts

Back