New Ride....More Debt

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I picked her up today...
QX4.jpg

Verry nice, Teri!

It's gonna look great towin your boat! Congrats, and many happy years of driving it......... egMike

That does not look like a produce truck... How you gonna haul the Banana Boat? Nice truck....

Wow! Nice neighborhood too. You should have bought us all one!

LOL

Saw a bumper sticker the other day: Real Women Drive Trucks!

Trepper is gonna be SO jealous!

me!

The heck with Trepper - I'm jealous!!

You ditched the trailblazer for that? What is it, a Mitsubishi? Nice lookin ride, but if you did trade in the trailblazer...why?

Rob, It's an Infiniti QX4 which is made by Nissan. I did trade in my TrailBlazer for it. I think I must have got the lemon of all lemons on the TrailBlazer. I had for about a year and a half and had it in the shop alot. I was very disatisfied with it and the service of the dealership (but I don't continually rag on Chevy). It rode VERY nice but I didn't want to keep it long term because of reliability. The Infiniti is warrantied to 100,000 miles.

100,000????? Holy $#!+, never saw a warranty that long before. It will be warrantied the entire time you're paying for it. Now THAT is a warranty. My wife saw the Lexus SUV and wants it. How is the power on the QX4 compared to the Chevy?

Rob, it's bumper to bumper to 72,000 and then powertrain to 100,000. The QX4 is basically an upscale Pathfinder. I bought the 2003 used with 16,000 miles. It was an executive car and they just turned it in so I saved about $10000 buying it used. 240hp and 265 torque. I don't think anything can touch the Trailblazer at 270hp and 270 torque (at least the 2002's). The V8 4runner was the closest thing I found to the TB but I decided on the Infiniti because it had many more things standard and the interior rocks!

Cecil, you are right about the water. It's nasty. I buy bottled water and my refrigerator has a filter on it that makes the water taste better.

Congrats on he new ride. Im sure you will like it. My sister had a Pathfinder for a few years and it never gave her any problems, just normal oil changes and such. It sounds like you went thru thru the same thing with your trailblazer that i went thru with my Sierra. In the shop what seemed like daily and never dependable.

And that warranty does ROCK!! I got a similar one on my Dodge i own now.

Looking GOOD Teri. Nope not jealous, GLAD you did not pay retail NEW, I HATE the upcharges they put on the SLIGHTLY gussied up Pathfinders. I do like the grill better on the Q then the Pathfinder though!!

And YES their warranty ROCKS!!!

Hey Teri I just bought an '03 TrailBlazer and so far only a few minor things have gone wrong but they have been fixed. Iam curious to know what some of your problems were so I could have a "heads up" to look out for them. Also nice ride!!

Donnie

Don, I am sure your TrailBlazer will be fine. I really do think I got a lemon. It blew headlights and tail lights often. The radio would short out so I threw a fit and got a new one and it would change frequencies for no reason. The roof rack come off on a trip to Ohio. They put a new one on and it was already coming off. It would also run hot at times. They always said "Can't duplicate problem" when I'd bring it it. About 2 weeks ago, it decided it didn't want to start, acted like a dead battery but then fired eventually. I just had no faith in that car.

Sounds like you had a major electrical gremlin. Those are the toughest to track down!! Good luck on the infiniti. I never really considered them a tow vehicle. I'm sure it is up to it. If my V8 Explorer can handle the 929....anythings possible.

TOXIC

Thanks Teri. I heard about the lights problem from someone a few months back. Sure hope you like the Q4.

Donnie

Teri -

I had a 1989 Pathfinder - back when they still made it in a 2-door and it had the 3.0L V-6 rated at about 180 hp. The thing was awesome off road - it would climb trees if you asked it to! On the highway, it was a bit lacking in hp and torque and the interior layout/controls left a little to be desired. But I still put well over 100,000 trouble-free miles on the truck.

I've taken a look at the newer Pathfinders and Q4's..... You made an EXCELLENT choice!

me!

The Infiniti is rated to tow as much as the TrailBlazer. Just might take it a second or two longer to get up to speed with it. I'll let you know when I hook up the Banana.

Make sure you check the loadrange on those low profile tires. Not much rubber between the rim and the road. Especially under load.

TOXIC

QX4 is an awesome ride. Great motor, outstanding quality. I'd have one in my driveway!

Good choice, Teri.

Thanks for all the compliments. I have had the QX4 for a few days now and I am deeply in like with it. I haven't hooked up the boat yet but everything else is great.

Bob, I've been around here and there. Where have you been? Busy since the ice melted? Hopefully, you're pulling those hogs in. I haven't had much time lately to fish. I had a huge project at work due this week and my family is coming in town for the race. STRESS!!! I can't wait for my trip to Minnesota in June. I rarely get a week off. Good to hear from you!

Teri,

I was doing some turkey hunting for the last two days. Still have to buy a domestic bird!! I am the "Trep" of turkey hunting!!! I worked 10 days in a row, so my manager gave me a four day weekend. Unloaded my huntin' gear tonight and got the boat out of the garage and fired it up in the driveway for the first time this year. Started on the second try. Gonna load it up tomorrow and try to fish on Saturday. Good luck with your project and family!

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back