New Powerstroke

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Said good bye to my old 02 Powerstroke last Friday. Had to replace some injectors at almost 300k and the wife said she wanted me in something more reliable before the tranny or something else went. Most of the places I fish in South Dakota don't have a town of 200 population within 100 miles of the ramp let alone a diesel mechanic and she didn't want me breaking down in the middle of the reservation sooooo I now have a 2012 Powerstroke just like the one I traded in. So far this one gets about 22 mpg and has 400hp. In sixth gear with the engine idling at 1200 rpm it's going 60 mph. It will get aquainted with the Tundra(Tuna Boat)the next two weekends as it heads to the neither reaches of SD in search of fish you take home and eat not throw back.

fatrap

Wish I could justify an oil burner but with a boat and a horse trailer the only 2 things I tow, I just can't make the numbers work. My argument of a million mile vehicle gets shot down by the accountant (my wife) because I drive every vehicle I own to stupid high miles and so far, no major breakdowns. According to the FORD Fans, you could have got an EcoBoost 6 banger and had the same towing ability plus 20+ mpg. Take a pic of your beast.

Tox not a lot of difference in the payment. I took my camper and Tracker Tundra in a buddy's 2010 F150 and it worked hard on the long hills in SD. The camper put the box right down on the axles. It struggled. On my last F250 the camper didn't even touch the overload springs and it ran the SD and Iowa hills like a raped ape. Better too much than too little. I'll take some pics with the boat and truck this weekend as soon as I can get the shell on. Not using the camper.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back