New Photos by a Proud Tracker Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
My wife took a couple of shots of our boat actually IN the water, and I've put 'em in my member library, under MOFish3 and MOFish3. Take a looksee!

I know it ain't an Avalanche, but the TV-18 is still an awesome aluminum rig. Scott will find out in a couple of weeks when I take him down to the Boy Scout Ranch. Next weekend I finally get to take it out on Lake of the Ozarks - with really BIG wakes and waves. Should be another good test of rough-water ride, and at just the right time to catch some big ol' bassus. I got a tip to use Smithwick suspending Rogues (clown color) ripped along secondary points and bluffs!! Doesn't that sound like FUN?

Now that it's spring, remember the famous addage:

"Dem bassus luv sparkles!" (c) by Ken Neeley

MOFish

Yeah! Remember that rather than some of Ken's other, less famous addages! (Even though they may have been somewhat more..... Uh..... "colorful"!)

Lookin' forward to it, Mark! And my canoe hasn't seen the Current River since last fall..... When do you have time?

me!

Sweet rig MO! Like the shot of your kids behind the wheel. Better start looking for another rig for yourself now! LOL

Scott:

I'm figuring sometime in July or August, when wade fishing in a cold stream will be most DEEPLY appreciated around these here parts. Ha!!!

MO

Thanks, Rob! Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), that's my neice. She is a total boy-killer, and a true joy for her parents, her grandparents and for us. When her dad and I talk on the phone, he'll put her on and she'll say "Hi, Unca BOAT!"

We brought the boat home on November 10, and she went from stem to stern in a total frenzy, opening hatches and climbing around. I already know what I'm getting her for Christmas - a really high-quality PFD and a SNOOPY rod/reel!"

MO

July or August? You kiddin'? What about April? When the turkeys are gobblin' and the dogwoods are in bloom! Or mid-May? They usually stock the stream about the 15th and, for the next couple of weeks, the competition for food or any kind becomes fierce!

Come on, Mark! I need an excuse!

me!

Okay, let me talk to the missuz. Here's my schedule:

April 5-8: Crappie/bass fishin at Lake of the Ozarks

April 13-14: The ONLY weekend in April I can spend with the missuz!

April 20-21: You and I are at the deaf-fishing weekend at The Ranch

April 27-28: I have lake duty with by brother-in-law at The Ranch

Hmmmm...looks like we're into May. I'll check with the wife, and we'll figure something out.

We could go on the 13th or 14th..... Make it a one-day afair..... Take Rachel along! (HOPE I remember her name correctly! You know how those rumors get started!) It really is beautiful down there that time of year!

From the conversations we've already had about the month of April, I really doubt she'll bite on going fishing that weekend. She has to leave for a national conference mid-week, and will have plenty of "chores" for me to do before we both take off. I'll talk to her about early May.

By the way, my next boat photo goal will be to take one like Pierre's (link below) - a full-bore, flat out runnin' boat on a glass-smooth lake. (I hope my wife can hold the camera still as she treads water! Hee Hee!!)
http://members.aol.com/NitroOwners/pierre.jpg

Rob - Sweat Ride (though not as cool looking as my 175!)! How old is she? I've got a 2 yearold who can teach her how to flip and pitch with that Snoopy Rod!

Love those water pics, gotta get me some too!

Trep:

She'll be two in May. She has a baby brother/sister due on September 11 (my own father's birthday, and one I will NEVER forget!). She is beginning to "assert" her own personality at times, and gets frustrated that her vocabulary isn't yet big enough for her to clearly communicate with the rest of us. But in spite of all of that, she is a true joy and can be the biggest flirt you've ever seen. Her dad is terrified of what she'll be like in her teens, and has several shotguns to scare away all of the boys who are sure to come a'chasin'.

MOFish

"Unca Boat"

Interesting fact; I was the one taking the picture. I took a pic of me at home and wanted to paste it in a boat. so i took most of the fuel out of the boat and I let her rip without anyone inside. Then I ran to a spot and waited for her to go by, took the pic and voila!

ZSimple really, the trick is running after the boat after the shot!

Pieere

Pierre - You must have put my 40 merc in the back so it just LOOKED fast!

However it was done, Pierre, that is just and AWESOME photo of you and the boat! I saw it and said to myself, "Man, I gotta take one like that."

Latest posts

Back