New Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Depew

Reaction score
Hello everybody! Im fairly new to the site and just logged on as a member. Today I traded my Targa 17 up to a brand new Nitro 929 w/250XB. Im very excited about this boat and have heard very good things about it! I live on Lake Erie and my question is how well can I exspect this boat to handle in big water? If anyone has any info on how their boat handles bigger water it would be a big help! Also I think that this web-site is the best! Thanks for you help.

You bought the BEST boat in the Nitro lineup for big water!! I also live in SE mich and i fish 'clair/erie/sag bay and grnd trvse bay in my 901!! They're GREAT!! You'll love it!! Would love to meet you sometime...glad to see you join the NTOWS....you'll love the help and t he commoraderie!!

Mac

Welcome aboard, Don!

One word of caution...... Stay away from the Coronas & Limes that have been passed around our members this winter - they seem to have been spiked!

me

You'll love that 929 I 've had mine since 2000 and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. With that 250 you have a rocket mine will hit about 71 with a 225 . I think that the 929 has about the best fishability of all the boats ou there bar none. Just came back from a bass show in maryland where all the major boats brands were present and if I had to do it all over again I would still buy a 929 . Good luck with you new toy

Welcome aboard Don.

That is the dream boat boat for big water fishing.

Much Thanx for the warm welcome guys!! I was hoping that this boat was the best in its class! I wonder what kind of top end to exspect from the 250 XP? Mac, where do you live exactly? I live in Lakeside, Ohio. Would love to meet you and you show me some good smallie holes in your neck of the woods.

Welcome Don, if you ever want help breaking in that 250XB you just give me shout! Wow, that thing must fly! You will find a lot of imformative people here. You are welcome to our owners rally in June at Lake Champlain. Tom Mac tows his 929 here all the time and it rides GREAT! Anyhow, welcome again!

Don,

Mac and I are both a hop, skip, and a jump from St. Clair. About 45 minutes away actually.

You're rig should do about 75mph under perfect conditions.

Hi Don,...I live in Waterford, MI. Like Ken said,...I'm 45mins west of St. Clair.

Latest posts

Back