New member/ plane problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juan Gonzalez

Reaction score
I'm a new member so I like to introduce myself. I live in The Netherlands. Since 2009 I own a Nitro X-5. I like to fish pike, zander, perch and other predators. Unfortunately we don

Welcome aboard. I am not an expert but you need down one size on the prop. You should not have to move the batteries, but you might want to move some smaller things fwd to help, finding the right balance just takes trial and error. Set it up for however you use the boat the most? Just my suggestions.

BF

I also beleive you need to lose at least 1" of pitch on the prop, to stay with aluminum or go to stainless is your choice, but yes you need to get it running closer to the max rpm at full throttle, that should allow a bit more prop "slip" when starting out, allowing more rpm to get it moving better.

juan,

welcome you've found the biggest flaw with the x-5 x-4 hull there planeing design with more the minimum weight.

i sold nitros untill this past year and most of my customers with these hulls had similar complaints the prop is the correct one according to the tracker rigging specs thou you may elect a stainless version. 115 optimax calls for a 13 1/4 x 20 laser 2 stainless.

the best solution has been as you sugested of putting the trolling batteries in the rod boxes, loading your boat with heavier items in the front storage areas and the lighter ones in the compartments in back of the seating area.

the consesis form those that have done this already is Quote"now the boat preforms like i had orgilany hoped it would"

this seems almost verbatum from each one of the several and was made the suggestion status qo for the salesmen at our location with this hull prior to putting a new customer into this rig.

i hope this helps? the move of the batteries is pretty simple and straight forward , you'll have to strap them down to the blkhead that seperates the rod box from the center compartment, as this is the only way to secure them and the only surface you can put any type of fastner thru.

i think you will agree it is the only logical step my service manager was pulling out his hair with the first few we upgraded to 24 volt trolling motors but now he has it down to a science.

good luck and welcome aboard! joe :)

oh yea what the heck is a "zander":huh:

Welcome aboard... Zander is the European walleye... As a matter5 of fact I think the species chart has been shuffled up and the Zander "family" now includes the walleye and the perch...

Thanks guys for all the input so far!

I hope an other prop will solve the problem a bit. The real solution, I think, is to put the 2 trolling batteries in the front storage area. The Nitro X-5 has a rod storage in the middle and a storage compartment on the left and the right.

It seems I

juan,

one on the left and one on the right side has been what i've seen done your jumper will have to be long enough but othe than that you dont loose storage space for your rods in the center that way,

also as i described you can strap the down to the bulkhead from the sides.

best of luck joe :)

Thanks Joe! Now I've got a picture in my mind. I will discuss this option with my (angry) technician.:unsure:

grtz,

Juan

Back