New Member (MT) - 2023 Targa V19 Combo-Tourney. 225hp/15hp Mercs.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackerLee

Reaction score
  • ITroll kicker control
  • Cannon Magnum 10 Downriggers (2)
  • Hummingbird 9" heads (2)
  • Minnkota Terrova

First year in the books. Only real complaint is gas gauge is about as accurate as weather forecasts here in MT. Oh - and added iTroll control on the kicker as the cable throttle performance was crap.

wah4yueo.png

Welcome, nice boat. Agree on the gas gauge, I have a 2019 V19 Combo and have the same problem. I can go through 15-18 gallons and it still reads full.

• ITroll kicker control
  • Cannon Magnum 10 Downriggers (2)
  • Hummingbird 9" heads (2)
  • Minnkota Terrova

First year in the books. Only real complaint is gas gauge is about as accurate as weather forecasts here in MT. Oh - and added iTroll control on the kicker as the cable throttle performance was crap.

View attachment 3695
I have a 2021 Z19 Sport and started having gas tank level reading problems since last year. No help from Tracker Service Center. Random guess is the non venting gas tank. My tank would blow gas back out the filling line when opened on a hot day. Still has a lot of internal pressure after being serviced for this problem. Thats the gas soaked t-shirt.

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Jeeez! Glad that is not my issue, I have popped open the cap to see if there was any effect while on the water, none. What I have noticed is that it 'appears' to be accurate when on the trailer (but always full on the water). I am going to watch the gauge while filling on the trailer next time.

Welcome, nice boat. Agree on the gas gauge, I have a 2019 V19 Combo and have the same problem. I can go through 15-18 gallons and it still reads full.
Mine would show full all the time. I added a VesselView module to help monitor fuel consumption so I had someway to track it, after the repair facility failed to keep my gauge operating for more than one day at a time. To the OP, congrats on your new boat, I think you really like it in the handling department for big water! Enjoy those extra wide gunnels and all of the rod storage area!

Mine would show full all the time. I added a VesselView module to help monitor fuel consumption so I had someway to track it, after the repair facility failed to keep my gauge operating for more than one day at a time. To the OP, congrats on your new boat, I think you really like it in the handling department for big water! Enjoy those extra wide gunnels and all of the rod storage area!
I’ve got Vessel View also, but not sure I would be able to track fuel consumption. Are you kind of ball parking usage?

My VesselView allowed me to track GPH and total fuel. I would top off the tank, then reset the fuel amount in my app. I would always allow 10-15% in reserve just to make sure that I could get back to the ramp to allow for any error. I found VesselView to be accurate to 2-3 gallons within what should have been the actual amount of fuel in the tank, so that last part is the 'ballpark usage". I do not think I ever had less fuel than the app said I had, and was always just over at my next fill up.

It would have been nice just to have a gauge in the boat that worked for more than one trip, but I could accurately track real time data using my VesselView in other areas, so it was a workaround.

My VesselView allowed me to track GPH and total fuel. I would top off the tank, then reset the fuel amount in my app. I would always allow 10-15% in reserve just to make sure that I could get back to the ramp to allow for any error. I found VesselView to be accurate to 2-3 gallons within what should have been the actual amount of fuel in the tank, so that last part is the 'ballpark usage". I do not think I ever had less fuel than the app said I had, and was always just over at my next fill up.

It would have been nice just to have a gauge in the boat that worked for more than one trip, but I could accurately track real time data using my VesselView in other areas, so it was a workaround.
Thanks. This helps a lot. Will start doing this next fill up.

I recently replaced the fuel level gauge on my 2003 288 Sport, went through a half dozen different replacements before finding one that read accurately. I checked them with an ohm meter prior to installing to determine if they were any good or not. It seems that they are not making them well any longer. I wound up using a Sea Choice float type adjustable gauge and avoiding the newer magnetic style pickup gauges. You're going to struggle to have your dealership warranty teams get this right.

Latest posts

Back