New Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj Brantley

Reaction score
Getting a 2013 Pro Guide v16 WT, however they only have a 50 merc 4 stroke to put on it. How bad is that going to be on this boat with 2 people (about 230 pounds each) and gear? Will it plane? Top speed around 30?

thx

What is max rating for boat? If it's close to max it should plane good. 30mph sounds close to what speed you will get.

Max is 90hp. Website says 26-28 mph with a 50hp. IMO you will not be happy with a 50hp.

If I can get 30 id be happy. The 50hp is all they have and ill more than likely just be using it on pleasant, lake mary and san diego bays. couldnt i just get the ecm flashed to a 60 anyhow?

I wouldn't buy it underpowered because it is all they have.

I agree with Bob G 100%. You buy that rig and you'll be one of several guys on this site trying to figure out how to squeeze a few more mph out of it. "anyone try a jackplate on a v16?" or "Can I try this or that pitch on my 50hp on my V16?" As you pack more and more gear in that boat your performance will continue to dip. Just the fact that you have doubts enough to post a question on it illudes to the fact you KNOW it's underpowered. Consider yourself advised.

fatrap

Problem is they have no other motors in stock. Ill just pass on it or buy the smaller super guide v16 with the 40 which is max for it. anyone have or hear anything about the superguide for smaller lakes and bays?

Seems to me if you told them you were going to another place to get one with a bigger engine they'd find one for you. Sounds like someone is blowing smoke.

fatrap

TJ - I purchased a the same boat earlier this winter but ordered it with the 90hp 4 stroke. It gets on a plane really quick with 2 in to boat. Tops out around 38-40 mph. Do Not go with he 50 hp as you will be disappointed for sure. The 4 stroke is fantastic. You can hardly hear it at idle, my lady likes how quiet it is since we can talk at WOT. I recommend the 4 stroke on this boat because for me it is not the hole shot that matters. I am very pleased with my purchase, have had zero problems with it and am SOOOOO Happy that I went with the larger motor.

Nice Ang, but if I want a bigger motor now it would take 3 to 4 months as it would be the whole boat and motor ordered. they do however have a pg 175 wt with a 115 2 stroke, although im not liking 2 stroke but if i can get a good deal why not

May I ask who the dealer is that your working with? Is it a Bass Pro Tracker Store?

fatrap

IMO, you need to tell them what you want and if they can't help you, go elsewhere. Also, I definitely agree with the other guys. Don't buy it with the 50. You will be more than disappointed. The 2 strokes are louder than the 4's but I feel the 2's are also quieter as of recent than before. You may be the kind of guy that doesn't feel the need to go fast or have extra power. But don't sell yourself short just because you're ready to get in a rig. You will definitely wind up needing the power at some point because we all know as the months and years go, you will accumulate more gear. Don't settle for a lesser model than what you want just because it's what is available!! I personally love my Z6, but I talked myself out of the Z7 to save a few thousand and regret it quite regularly. Hope we have helped and good luck with the new purchase.

Latest posts

Back