Need some basspro product #'s or other sites??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Guys I want to get 2 things more this year for the boat, and have searched on Basspro and other sites online and can't find what i'm looking for (or more likely just can't find the right parts), any ideas:

1. I want to put a recirculating pump/plumbing in the Nitro, to be ready for summer tourney's and when they kids want bait for stripers, want to be able to keep the bait alive longer on the way to/from the ramp. Any suggestion? Is there a kit, or do I need to buy an recirculating pump, the bottom drain/screen, hose, top fitting/spray, and do they make a combo-kit that will also let me put a pump-out in place? Now that Eli is fishing tourney's with me, want to be able to pump the water into the weighin bags like the big dogs!

2. I remember seeing at BassPro, but couldn't find online, a floating bait insert you put in your livewell so you can put minnows/bait in, and not have to try to fight around the wide livewell for them?

Thanks - Trep

I will look tomorrow when I get to work tomorrow afternoon. I know we have the recirc kit and the bait tank.

I will get the item numbers for you!

BJ - Thanks buddy! How you been? Haven't seen you post much, hope the fishing is good for ya!

Thanks again - Trep

Trep what does your 700lx have in it now for a system? What im looking to know is how the drain is setup and what you to to run it and what do you have for switches on the dash etc. Im surprised it does not already have a recirc system in it.

Trep what does your 700lx have in it now for a system? What im looking to know is how the drain is setup and what you to to run it and what do you have for switches on the dash etc. Im surprised it does not already have a recirc system in it.

Jim - the 700lx has the aereator just Manual/Auto, so it only fills from the pump on the transom, with a drain on the bottom (has the empty/fill valve so it is open or closed). So it does not/did not come with the recirc system.

Only time I really notice it is striper season and if I fish a very hot weather tourney. I've never lost a fish, but want the recirc for bait, and the pump out.

Trep

Trep,

You do actually have recirc system. The "auto" will recirc when its on plane and on the trailer. Its all done by a flowrite valve thats attached to the pump. What you may want to do is replace the falve and the control to one of thier ther setups since you want manual control over the recirc function. Take a look at the link below and go to the livewell systems overview. What you have now is a "system 2" what you may want to do is get a valve and control for a system 3 or 4. Both of those would be a direct swap over with no new plumbing or wireing. You would just swap the valve and control no poking holes in the well or anything like that. It would be the easiest way to upgrade in my opinion.

Id have to check but i may have a system 3 valve that i have no use for that i could send you so all you would need is the control.

As far as the pump out they sell a replacement areator head that includes a pumpout feature. Look under aeration on thier website. What it does is replace your current spray head and all you have to do is run a hose to a fitting that sprays out of the boat. No other plumbing or pumps are needed. i put one in my old 882 and i did a grab bag article on it thats still there if you want to check it out. Its another easy upgrad once you get the ricirc the way you want it and what you do it run pull the head into the out position and run the pump on recirc and out the water comes.
http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/index.html?open_menu=1&sub_menu=1

Jim can probably help you more than I will be able to but here is the link to what we have at our store. you will have to purchase a pump and hoses to go with it.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=53654&CMID=TOP_SEARCH_GO&langId=-1&storeId=10151&searchOption=products&hvarSearchString=38-521-176-00&catalogId=10001&cmCat=SEARCHRESULTS&ddkey=SearchResults

I've been great. Had a good Christmas with the family. Unfortunately I havent been fishing in a couple of months. Just been busy hanging out with the family and friends, school work, and of course working here!

I looked at our bait tank isle and we have several but I cant find one that 'floats'. they have the more traditional style that have a bucket with the bait tank inside it. I have a friend who is the team lead in the fishing department. When he gets here i'll ask him to do a little research and see if he can find the one you are looking for.

Jim - THANK YOU!! I assumed the Auto was the same as on my old Tracker, which was just a timer for the pump, I backed the boat out, filled the livewell and YEAH BABY!!! Recirculation!! Don't need the 3 way pump, know that I know how to USE my livewell, i'm good to go!! YOU ROCK!!

I'll take a look at the site for the areator head that includes a pumpout feature, that would make perfect sense and you saved me a ton of $$ and drilling/cutting!

Thanks BJ, I know Basspro sells (or used to) a drop in bait net with a floating top that you inserted into the livewell. I'll keep looking, thanks for your time and all the effort guys!

This is the BEST website there is!!

Trep

One thing to add here, I've tried to keep th small skippies in my livewell, and they don't live there too long, so if you are planning to get into some serious striper fishing you may want to look at a bait tank.

Berry - No room in the 700lx for a bait tank!! I've not had problems once on the water keeping our large minnows/blueback herring and shad alive, was thinking more of when out of the water (like if we get a few dozen and have a lot left for the next day).

It has been cool to let the kids watch the minnows and the fish in the livewell, they thought the stripers/bass would eat all the minnows around them, and obviously the fish are not in an eating mood!! LOL

Not to hijack your thread here, maybe you can help me then. I can't keep mine alive very long when it is hot. What are you doing? Maybe the skipjacks are not as tough as what you use over there?

What I did for a pump out on my 896 Savage. I bought a bilge pump, wire, fuse and tubing. I put alligtor on the wire and when I need to pump out I attach to the battery,

put the bildge pump in the livewell and fill the bag. This also gives me a back up bildge in case I loose power to the other bildge.

Berry - We don't use live bait in the summer, but keeping caught bass alive doesn't seem to be much of a problem for me. I know a lot of the salt water fish/bait are not as hardy in the bait tanks as the fresh water bait. Have you tried ice in the livewell to keep the temps down? and run the areator often to get fresh O2?

Latest posts

Back