need prop help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TROY WAINRIGHT3

Reaction score
Ok guys ive got a 288 nitro with a150 2 stroke.Since the rebuild the motor always hits the rev limiter.current prop is a 19 pitch lazer 2,what prop should i try to fix this.

Serial # please. Which motor do you have......? "150" is not enough info....

Sorry bob the motor is a 04 merc 150 xr6 with a lazor 2 prop.boat is a fish and ski 288.I would appreciate any help here.These stainless props arent cheap,lol.Holeshot and everything are good,just hate hitting the rev limiter all the time.Its like the breaks are being put on when it hits,lol.thanx

ps prop is a 3 blade.Any prop ideas

That is the correct prop for that application. Motor should be mounted 3/4" above transom. Has the prop been rebuilt along the way? ;)

prop hasnt had any work done to it. should i go up 1 size?just seems wierd that since the rebuild the speed gets almost to the top and rev hits.scares me,lol.

Can you provide me with a serial number? How do you know you are hitting a "limiter"...?

motor serial number ot960498 prop 48-16544 19p.motor reving while running when it hits about 5800 like someone put on the breaks and motor wants to cut off until i back the throttle back a lil to about 5600 and it stays reving steady. I hope this helps bob and ty for your patience

Back