NAILED IT! YEEEEHAAAAA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Ever have that feeling? I knew when I walked into that interview that aside from any acts of God, I had the job. I wasn't gone for an hour and the HR lady (friend) called me and said, "You should have asked for more money. They were prepared to give you more, but don't worry, they're putting together a heafy 90 day "adjustment""! And what I asked for was significant! SWEEEEEET!!! I now sell ammunition to the military and law enforcement agencies. How scary is that? LOL Thanks for the support everyone. And I hope to post pics of my new/used F250 superduty extended cab within the next week or so. Man, what a week. Now I just have to sell the old boat and get the 896 and life is good!

YEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Congrats Rob!

Now, first thing, run down to BPS and get a new TIN ride!

Wait, who am I talking to here.... LOL

Congrats Rob!! egMike

Congratulations Rob. Now, get up here so I can show you around the ST. Lawrence.

Giving you a job anywhere remotely associated with explosives is not good! Not good at all...

Congrats buddy!

Sometimes life is good. It sounds like you deserved a good break, good luck to ya.

We ought to be able to get a really good deal on some .223 ammo then huh? LOL

Congrats!

I need some .357, 9mm and SKS ammo... wait, the SKS is russian, so I doubt you sell that ammo :)

Rob, can you get me a deal on a Patriot Missile Battery? We have some woodpeckers working on the chimney that just won't quit.

Congratulations!

Rob,

Congrats!!!! Hope you like the new job. Any questions, please let me know. I know some about ammo :)

Carlos

Rob,

You go with your baaad self! I guess I have to smoke a cigar in celebration of your new job!

Rich D

Nice goin' there pal. very nice!

Uuuhh say, could I borrow a couple of bucks?

Congratulations. I know you must be happy.

Harpo

Cool!!! For "Product Knowledge" training do you get fire any cool machine guns?? How about drive a Tank?

Congrats man now go buy a new boat.

Hey Carlos... You really want to think about buying ammo for the Corps from a guy in pink undies... It ain't right I tell ya... It just ain't right! LOL

CONGRADS ROB !!!!!!!!!!! Im happy things are looking up for ya, and I hope this just gets the ball a running for the rest of the year !! good luck wiht your new/used truck and get some pictures with your new boat when it happens !!!!

LOL, Rich!

I used to have a neighbor who was as radical a bird watcher as we are fishermen/boaters..... He was even on the board of directors at the Raptor Rehabilitation Center here in St. Louis..... One day he came knocking on my door and asked if he could borrow my pellet gun..... Seems that a Flicker was up at 5:00 am every morning drumming on his gutters to attract a mate!

me!

Now get to WORK!! then GO FISH! Nice goin'Rob....good luck on the BIG BUCKS! I agree... go get ya' some!!!

TIN THAT IS!! LOL

TEE

Great Job Rob!! I know the felling of "You should have asked for more money", I always hate it when the ask you for your goal in Salary for the job, you tell them and they say "OK"! You KNOW you could have asked for more! But the more important thing is to do something that you enjoy, in an environment that is fun and allows you to spend time with your family too!.

Go Getem!!

Congratulations! I sure hope you have time to fish. No job or amount of money is worth not being able to fish!

Gene

Thanks everyone.

Carlos, actually, glad you asked. Yes I do have some questions. I need to know as much as you can tell me about Special ops M-4's and the M-16's. I have a limited base knowledge of them. But that's soon to change because....

Marke, YES, we have a full aresenal OF M-4's, M-16's, and M-60, .50 cals etc, etc, and we test all rounds. My job will be to convince law enforcement agencies that our round is the best. Now I won't tote a product I haven't even used yet just because they just hired me, but the Dr./owner tells me they are more accurate, cheaper, and lighter. I can vouch for the lighter part. Will let you know on the more accurate.

Jr. yes, I CAN get you deals on .223 rounds. That's our market entry round as it is for the M-16's. We also are making rounds for the Apaches! So hopefully during that contract I will get a chance to fly in one. Man, how cool will that be.

Greg, I had to trade in my pink undies for my old sand paper grit camo underwear again! LOL They still fit like a glove. I will also be on the market for a nice 9mm that I can "Demo" with! Any suggestions? I am leaning towards the Glock only because that's what most law enforcement agencies issue. I like the Berrettas, but a Glock will make me "one of the guys" when I'm on sales calls. Thanks again everyone, what a week. And my current employer is really stickin it to me on the way out. Took a week of vaca from me, making me pay back the school fees I got for going back to school, etc. Whatever!

Congrats! It sounds like you've gotten a position you'll really enjoy. Good luck with the new endeavor! (Glock, Shlock..Beretta 92FS! LOL! Dependable enough for govt. issue and a breeze to maintain/clean. Both the Glock 17 and 19 are comfortable and shoot well, but I just prefer my pre-ban 15 rd. cap. of the Beretta.)

Rob,Thats great news! congrats to you and your family.I know what a good feeling it is. Does the new employer have a web site ?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so yet. I'll know more next week.

I've got a Ruger p-89 and love it... (9mm). But yes, the Glock will make you fit in better.

Congratulations, Rob! Sorry to hear that your current employer is acting like a jackass.

Dan J, I'm with you on the Berettas. My first semi-auto was a 92FS. Now I've got a .40 cal. Border Marshall Centurian with Rubber grips and Tritium sights. Just an beautiful hunk of steel. And I'd rather deliver the punch of 11 rounds of .40 than (what I consider to be) the marginal performance of the 9mm. I like the 9mm, especially when it was loaded with 147 grain Hydra-Shok or nasty Black Talons.

Glocks are a great handgun as well. I've shot the 9mm, .40 and .45s, but I never really liked the way they fit my hand or the feel of the recoil. They are extremely rugged, however, and I'd love to have a compact 9mm for the day when Missouri folks can get a concealed carry permit. For now I'll just have to look to our Walther .380 PPK/S. My other favorites are my Ruger SP-101 snub nosed .357 (5 shot) and a mint-condition Colt Gold Cup Mark IV .45 auto.

(If someone every breaks into my house, I'm torn between showing them the gaping maw of that .45 auto, or the subtle, Ferrari-like lines of the Beretta.)

Rob, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, get out and shoot an M-16 or AR-15. They are a LOT of fun! I picked up a nearly new 1974 AR-15A1 and 3,000 rounds of .223 from a guy who was selling his collection. I can't even imagine what a -16A2 must be like. To crank off thirty rounds one after the other, with very little recoil, and drill them into a target like a tack hammer is incredible.

(Can everyone tell that I love firearms...and that I'm in withdrawl after our only local indoor pistol range went out of business??)

Mo, these are standard military issue, fully automatic. No semi- here. Is that whay you meant? The AR-15 is only a semi correct?

Sweet dude. Now you're in a F-250 (I knew that's what you'd get), gonna get a new boat. And get to shoot guns for a job. Doesn't get better than that.

Look at the H&K USP, they make a super 9mm, along w/ 40 and 45. Many law enforcement agencies are turngin to these. I have a USP Tactical 45. Awesome gun. I too find the Glocks uncomfortable to shoot.

Yes. The AR-15 should only be semi-auto. If you can get YOUR hands on a fully-auto (actually, I think they limit them to a 3-round burst these days) M-16A2....OHMAGAWD!...

(I thought even law enforcement was limited to semi-autos only, and that the fully automatics were military-only).

Now, if I could only get my hands on an H&K MP5!!!!

Congrats Rob!!!! now all you need to do is forget about the f250 and get a Dodge 2500 HEMI!!!!

OK MO - NOW your scaring me!!! "3,000 rounds " what in the world are you going to DO with "3,000 rounds " of ammo for a gun?? I think you need to volunteer to hunt the Iraqi Deck of Cards for the US, you've got my vote!!!

Why, I'm going to SHOOT those 3,000 rounds of course!

I got them because the owner of the AR-15 was also into reloading. When he sold off his collection, he couldn't sell reloaded ammunition (I don't know if that's a Federal thing, or a Missouri law). So he just gave me the big ammo can full of them and said, "Have fun. Shoot your heart out, but clean the gun when you're done."

And they're soft-point bullets, not ball rounds. If I used them to hunt down Iraqi/Ba'ath Party Nuts, I'd get charged with war crimes.

Steve, I haven't decided on the F250 yet. It has more miles and is more than the Dodge 1500 I looked at, (for you Jim)! LOL Those are the 2 I'm looking at. Again, I can't justify spending $30k on a truck so I looked at 2 1997's. Help me make up my mind (if the wife comes down off her high horse and lets me get the truck AND boat.....that's a tough sell) I'm putting all the facts out there so you folks can tell me what is the best deal.

1997 Ford F250 w/112k miles (that's a LOT) $12,000

5.4 Triton V-8

Extended cab

4X4, body is nice, rides smooth, lots of power....ie lots of GAS! LOL

Has a tonneau cover, but would need to pay for a FIBERGLASS cap LOL That would be another $1k and it has no plow. Keep in mind, both truck will have equal payments because this guy will give me a little more for my Bravada, so the loan amount is the same.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ 94k miles, $10,000

4X4

318 V-8

Reg cab

Comes with plow & minute mount (worth $2k)

Has matching fiberglass cap with this nifty elec/hydraulic lift on it.

Has a little more growl despite the smaller engine. Clean truck.

Rob - Can't speak to either truck specificaly, but if your looking for a comparison on price, check the "valueMax" cars at www.carmax.com. Just pick a location and then search for Trucks. While they might not have your specific model you'll get an idea of value on the retail market.

Well Im ford partial but how about this question for ya ?

in your gut, deep down inside, which do you honestly feel is the best buy for you ?

can you contact the owners to find out if they are mostly highway miles or or around town ?

onw more thing was the dodge used alot to plow snow as in a snow plow buisness , this can be rough on any brand of truck wether it be ford dodge or chevy.

good luck like I said before, and I believe you will be much happier with a full size rig in my opinion, not becuase of the motor but becuase of the vehicle will tow better do to wheel base.

Rob,

Congrats on the new position! (Better late than not at all!)

If it were me, I would hold off on the truck. Both have their advntages, but 112K miles on a vehicle that you will depend on to tow a boat seems like it could be iffy on dependability. And a plow can be great for home use, but can be a possible liability for towing your boat.

Have a great day!

Sue D.

Geeze, I go fishin for a day and you cut loose LaMoy!! Shootin guns, buyin trucks and boats....when are you buying that Marina on the lake, LOL. I agree with Sue, hold off on the truck until a better deal comes along. Try to sell the Bravada outright and use the cash as a deal maker, that is always better. And get real on the mileage....nuthin' over 70k!! Wait for the deal, put the word out to the dealers, they will find you a unit. Even look at the dealers only auction route, go to some small used lot and offer them $200 over what they get it for at auction and tell them what you want to spend and your requirements.

TOXIC

I thought about that Tox. After the missuz and I talked last night, I think that's the route I'm taking. Going to get into a boat first. I will make do with the Bravada for the summer and once I get that pay "adjustment" I will look into newer trucks. As for miles, 100k doesn't scare me as most trucks today can go 200k no problem. I have driven 2 trucks to the brink of 200k. I did like the Dodge though, it just screamed testosterone. Big truck, wicked high up off the ground, oversized tires, exhaust system with a nice throaty growl, killer stereo, lots of power, just looked like a stud truck! LOL Argh argh argh!

Yeah but build it, don't buy it that way!! It'll cost you less and you'll know it wasn't "rodded" or buried in mud, or pushin tons of snow. Good choice to wait. Believe me $200 is $200 to a small dealer and they will get you what you want. Either that or keep your eye in the paper and little shopper mags to catch a deal.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back