My "Other" Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Sullivan

Reaction score
This was my first boat. A Carolina Skiff J16 that was converted to a bass outfit with a couple of casting decks and trolling motors. My brother and I went in on it together about 6 years ago. We also have a 9.9 Tohatsu that I throw on the back when I'm fishin big water. :p What a great boat! Nothing like the PT175 but I still love getting out in her!

DSCN1886-2.jpg

Thats a great looking rig Sully. There is something about small boats i really like. I own a really really old 12' v hull aluminum that my grandfather bought back in the early 50's when my father was a kid. My dad spend his whole childhood fishing from that little boat and i did as well. I dont use it as much as i used to but i still enjoy taking it out. Some of the best bass i have ever caught were caught in my little boat.

How do you like that j16? I've got a j14 that i use in mini boat tournaments. Its a really good boat.

BJ

It's a great boat. I've fished everything from small electric only lakes to the Susquehanna Flats in the Chesapeake Bay for monster stripers. It's bullet proof. It will definitely be around longer than I will be. :lol:

We all have "other boats" if you live near small waters or electric only lakes. :p Here's mine, it has caught thousands of fish. I use it to drag crappie lures in a small lake by us. As a matter of fact, I may be taking it out tomorrow!!

TOXIC

small boat.JPG

I really love my small 10' boat. When I upgraded the TM on my PT185 I put the old MG on the small boat. If I had to let one of them go it would be a really hard decision.

2005_0705Image0010.JPG

Nice "other" boats. Next spring the wife and I are looking to purchase a decent used jon boat (14'-16') for use in the electric lakes close to us. We're looking forward to installing the casting decks and other items ourselves if we find one that doesn't already have them. Would love to launch out PT175 in them, but the authorities would be all over us once they spotted the engine on the back. :blink:

Latest posts

Back