My New Truck

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
I recently bought a new GMC Sierra and returned to the dealer

yesterday because I couldn't get the radio to work. The salesman

explained that the radio was voice activated.

To demonstrate how the radio worked the salesman spoke and said

to the radio "Nelson". The radio replied, 'Ricky or Willie?'

"Willie!" he continued and the song "On The Road Again" came

from the speakers.

The salesman continued and said, 'Ray Charles!', and in an

instant ' Georgia On My Mind' replaced Willie Nelson.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd

say, 'Beethoven,' I'd get beautiful classical music,

and if I said, 'Beatles, I'd get one of their awesome songs.

Yesterday, some Mexicans ran a red light and nearly creamed my

new truck, but I swerved in time to avoid them. I yelled, 'Ass Holes!'

Immediately the Iranian National Anthem began to play, sung by

Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand, backed up by Michael Moore and The

Dixie Chicks, with John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums, Dan Rather on

harmonica, Nancy Pelosi on tambourine, Harry Reid on spoons, Bill Clinton on sax

and Ted Kennedy on Scotch.

Damn, I LOVE this truck!:lol::lol::lol:

Ha!

Speaking of new vehicles, my truck is in the body shop for the next several days. The insurance company is paying for a rental car while I'm waiting for my truck to get done, and I ended up with a 2009 Chevy Malibu.

Mac, I've got to give GM props. I haven't been a big fan of GM products, mostly because of the way the dashboards have been pieced together out of so many parts. But that Malibu is a Niiiiccceee car! Quiet, snappy and responsive. The seats are comfortable and the dashboard layout seems natural. Kudos to the guys who came up with that car! I can see now why you've been saying GM can compete with, and BEAT, foreign competition.

It'll be hard to turn that car in and go back to driving a five year old truck that rides like a brick and gets 9 mpg.

Agree with you Mark. That new Malibu is a heck of a nice car. My brother actually WON one at a church raffle drawing, and he's been a slut for the latest Jap scrap like Accord, Camry over the years and says this beats em all. He relayed to me they took it on an weekend trip with 4 full sized adults, luggage, and interstate MPH and still got over 30 per gallon.

now for the full disclaimer: I AM a huge GM fan, but I dont think that disqualifies my comments too much.

My wife wants one bad but, until I get rid of my truck it's a no;)

Thanks guys,...we're trying!!! spread the word.....nobody believes us (the employees),..and the press loves the foreign company's...so the only way to get people to listen and try our new stuff is if they hear it from people like YOU!!

JP,..you had me going there for a minute!! I thought..."Ohh no!! What NOW?!" LOL!!

Mofish....those Malibu's are awesome...they are GM's top seller right now!!;)

Hey Mac. I think I am on a roll. so far in 2008, my "consulting" on auto purchases has led to 1-Acadia, 1-Colorado and now yesterday I turned another head to take a serious look at the Malibu.

In all honestly: it aint me, its the PRODUCT. All I did was get them to take the first look before they ran to the local Honda/Nissan/Toyota/etc showroom.

PS. I;ll leave you shipping instructions for my C6 soon.. Midnight blue preferred.;)

Thanks dude!!!:wub:.....Keep it up and I might survive the next wave of cuts!!:blink:

LOL....BTW,....my brother just bought an '08 Z06 'Vette in Med. blue metallic flake...man alive is that car FAST!!...I've never riden in a car before that has that much torque and acceleration. It's unreal...we went for a cruise last weekend in PA around where he lives and it was unreal on those curvey roads....it's the cat's A$$!!