My New Ride

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
heres my new ride. 2009 Dodge Ram quad cab slt. 5.7L Hemi. Yes, this is the first vehicle I have ever owned thats not GM, and I'm not gonna put them down, cuz the new chevy's are darn nice trucks, I just liked the power and ride and options better on this one. I just got chrome step bars and blue and silver metal flake pins to match the Nitro, I'll upload them pics in my library another day.:D

100_0067_00.jpg

Is that a half or three quarters? Towing package?(I assume) Gonna get a topper? What kind of wheels did they give you?

fatrap

Fatrap,

its 1/2 ton, towing package, 17"wheels(didn't get 20's cuz they say very expensive, hard to find) aluminum wheels, didn't get the chrome ones, cuz they are as cheap as they come, and fake, dealer told me that. I'm working on gettin a tuff tonneau cover for it now, heres another pic

100_0069.jpg

I have to admit being a GM guy myself...the Rams look 10X better.

One of the reasons I didn't buy new. The new GMC's front end looks like OBS.

Sweet Truck:cool:

NICE,...I love black trucks......just be sure to keep a roll of quarters in the glove box for car washes!! LOL;)

Yeah Mac, i know what ya mean, especially for those of us that live in salt covered roads:lol:

Nice looking truck. You gotta love the warranty.

Sweet, but personally, I couldnt wait to get rid of my black truck. and it was purdy. but always dirty

Sounds like alot of panzies on here:lol:

I never really thought of black as being that bad to keep clean, every truck I owned was either black, dark grey or green, and I can't honestly say there much better, then again I bought it already knowing I like to keep my ride clean

My crew cab is black and I gotta admit there is a lot of metal there to wax. Feel like I am doing a winnebago!!

Nice truck. Keep us informed on how she performs. MPG...etc....

TOXIC

Be interesting to see how that "Bad Boy" pulls the hills with your boat. I love trucks.:wub:

fatrap

FAtrap believe me when I say he won't even know his boat is there. I have a black Durango with teh 5/7 liter Hemi and it is the bomb. Black on the other hand, call me panzy too but never again. Like black diamonds when polished bus as soon as you pull out of the drive aarrrggghhhhh!

Hey Mac to help you a little my work just purchased three new Z71 Chevy extend cabs. Real beauties too. All with rebates were $24500 each. I get next purchase and sorry but will most likely get another Durango as I have loved this one and they don't seem to have changed much.

Randy!

Tox and others who are wondering,

I drive about 75% highway to work, the first tank was on the dealers wallet, so I drove like I was racin, and I got 11 in town, and 13.6 drivin to work, then last week I filled up on my wallet and am gettin 18 to work and 14 in town, so if ya take her easy, you can get good gas mileage with the MDS

Mike,

If you break that MDS in right you can get 20mpg hwy running at 60mph and 15 in town. We have had 2 with MDS so far and the 2007 is still are getting the above in mileage. At 75-85mph we get 17.8 mpg. Thats the Ram 4X4, 1500, 4Dr, Larime, w/20" tires

Sadly, this is why I am not allowed to break in a new vehicle, I used your method on my Chrysler 300C w/MDS and I could only get it up to 17mpg hwy, but I couldn't keep it under 70 either. I am being a much better girl with the new Mustang... LOL

Cass :)

Great looking truck and nice power plant.. Black is great looking and if you're willing to wash it all the time there's no problem. When I had my 56' Chevy Sedan Delivery and went to more car shows than I can remember, the only problem the black vehicle people had was in the waxing and polishing. It takes forever to get all of the swirls out if at all. The only real time you could see them though was under those )%*$*)_%$ overhead fluorescent lights. I don't know if it's still available or not but most of the guys I knew that had black or dark red cars used a product named "Race Glaze". I got mine from a business in Apopka, FL named the Classic Chevy Club that catered to parts for 55', 56' and 57' Chevy's.. Try to Google it, that stuff was great and very easy to put on and take off.

Anyway Mike, congratulations on a beautiful new ride:cool:

Uncle Billy

Fatrap - I've got the same 5.7ltr Hemi in my Magnum, hills are NO issue for that thing!!!

Great looking truck MIke, now I want to see a pic with the boat behind her!!

Your 5.7 is stronger then my 2006 (390 HP 407 lb-ft vs. my 340/390), but I think the Ram is heavier by a little over 1000lbs. I didn't get to break in my Magnum since it was used, but on the highway to FL with the family loaded up, we got 21-22mph, so the MDS does work great.

Good luck, great looking truck!

Trep

Thanx trep, I will post a pic with the boat in spring when all this snow and ice thaws

brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Latest posts

Back