MY BOAT SUNK

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRUCE W VALLONE

Reaction score
WITH 4" OF RAIN IN THE LAST 12 HOURS, MY NITRO GOT A BIT SOGGY. DOWNRIGHT SWAMPED. I PULLED IT OUT AND DRAINER THE WATER OUT. THE BATTERIES DON'T APPEAR AFFECTED, STILL PLENTY OF POWER. I WANT TO PULL THE PLUGS AND CRANK THE MOTOR TO CLEAR ANY WATER THAT MAY HAVE GOTTEN INSIDE. I DON'T THINK I'LL FIND ANY, THE POWERHEAD WAS STILL ABOVE WATER. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIANCE WITH DRYING OUT A SUNK BOAT?

HOW ABOUT RECOMMENDATIONS ON AN AUTOMATIC BILGE PUMP?

The key is how deep it went and did any of the wiring get dunked? Water in Gas? You do NOT want to pump water through your gaslines....did the gas tank vent go under?Check the fuses and such. Otherwise let her dry out and give it a go.

TOXIC

most of the transom got dunked. i don't recall if the vent was under. it was 5 am, dark amd raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. the concol was dry. water up to the back of the seats. what's the problem with letting the gas drain thru the fuel line?

Nuttin as long as you get all of the water out of the tank, and I mean ALL of it. If any gets to your motor (have you got a water seperator on your motor?), it's gunna damage it.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back