Nitro Z7 leak?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pastor Jim

Reaction score
Minor leak...can't figure it out.
Before leaving the water, I engage the bilge, no evidence of water in boat.
After being on the water, I always pull plug and often there is less than a gallon of water that comes out.
I store boat in garage. It sits level. I remove trash can and look into the bottom...it always has a small trail (1/4 inch by 2 inch by 24 inches) of water in bottom.
Tilt bow up, engage bilge...nothing.
I dry it up with a towel...come back next day, and some more is there. Dry it up. Next day less water, but still some more there.

Any ideas of where it is coming from or how to get it all out? THANKS!

get out the hose and run water into boat and look for a leak under the waterline.if it is fixable, after repair store for the winter with bow very high, 5or6 ft. by spring you should be dry.i dont know if your boat has wooden stringers or not . but you sure dont want them to stay wet.

I would check all the thru hull openings along with the hoses connected to the various pumps for tightness. I keep my boat in a garage when not in use, but I always store it a bit nose high.

Just my 2 cents.. My 189 sport randomly gets water in the live well. I have checked it every way I can. There is no rhyme or reason as to when I get water in there. It doesn't doesn't matter if it's windy or calm Some days it's there some days it's not. Usually 2 to 3". It drains out as soon as I pull the boat out of the water.I've even tried manually plugging the live well which doesn't help

Latest posts

Back