Music for Driving?

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK gang, as most of you know I work from home, so I don't get out in the car/van much these days. When I do its usualy either a quick trip to the lake or a 1 hour trip each way to the airport. So, Beka started playing around with Napster (the legal PAY one) and I downloaded 2 songs last night that i'm building on a "driving tunes" CD. I've got 2 more I want to buy and what do you guys like to listen to when driving??

So far:

CW McCoy - Convoy

Jerry Reed - East Bound and Down (Smokey & the Bandit song)

Sammy Hagar - I can't Drive 55

Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' with Disaster

I'm gonna pull a few songs off existing CD's but have about 10 more on Napster (she bought a 15 song pack) I could download.

Trep

Tox - For $10/month (plus the unit and install) it's not worth it for me. I hit the airport every 2-3 months, and the lake 2-3 times a month thats IT!!!

I've used the satillite radio's on business trips to NY/FL and like it but not with my use right now.

Beethoven: Wellington's Victory

The Stones: Shattered

Steppenwolf: Magic Carpet Ride

"So I'm praying for the end of time

To hurry up and arrive....."

:)

anything from:

AC/DC

KISS (the good years)

Boston

Steppenwolf

Trep,

You got to jam to the Clarks on the road trips.

Local Pittsburgh band,good old rock and roll.Not too hard with a nice kick. Kind of Bruce Springsteen'ish,but not so depressing.

Check out their discography on their website for lots of free samples.They even put out a few whole songs there for free downloads.

www.clarksonline.com

Steve

To take it a different direction-I find that even hard rock won't keep me awake but talk radio does. I work nights so I don't get to listen to my favorite morning comedy show, Bob and Tom,live. I am a VIP member on their website and can download MP3s of all their shows. I load these on my MP3 player and listen to Bob and Tom on my commute between KY and TN. I drove to my folk's place in FL before Christmas and had 24 hours of Bob and Tom to take me both ways. People do look at me a little funny when I'm driving down the road by myself laughing. Hutch

For heavy traffic, anything from Miles Davis or any Bach violin concerto.

For Cruising

Bob Seger: Night Moves

Meatloaf: Bat out of hell or Paradise

Golden Earing: Radar Love

Van Morrison: Caravan

CDB: Legend of Wooly swamp

Traffic: Low spark of high heeled boys

Dire Straits: Sultans of swing

Peter Gabriel: Solsbury Hill

Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire or Boy named Sue

Quiet Riot: Metal Health

Twisted Sister: Horror-teria

The Who: Boris the spider

George Strait

Roger Creager

Pat Greene

Corey Morrow

U find these in my truck and a few more.

The Weight, by the Band.....anything from Marshall tucker;;; JR

Well Trep I can tell you this, I have East Bound and Down on one of my driving CD's and I can promise you when that comes on I am doing 85-90 without even knowing it until about half way through the song.

I also like Willie Nelson when driving...he makes quite a few good driving songs I think. "City of New Orleans" Pancho and Lefty....

Hutch - I grew up on Bob & Tom in Indy when they were a one station show!!! LOL I also LOVE to listen to Neil Boortz but he's on here 8:30 - 1pm and I usual hit the airport drive after lunch :-( I'll listen to Hannity and the God Father occationaly, thought both of them go too far Right for me some times.

OK gang, Here are the one's i've got on CD that you suggested i'll probably add:

Skynard- Sweet Home Alabama from Tox. I'm not a Free bird fan for driving to, but LOVE "That Smell" and "don't ask my no questions, and I won't tell you no lies"

Sim - I have a bunch of AC/DC Cd's, need to get some Boston.

One's I think i'll buy the individual track to:

Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride and Born to Be Wild from Me! and Mile L.

MeatLoaf - Paradise by the dashbaord lights - Mike L.

KISS from Sim, EWWW that sounds nasty... :)

Golden Earing - Twilight Zone, Quiet Riot - Mental Health - thanks Rich D for making me remember!

Neely and Bob - Who is ICP?? I've heard of OPP???

How about BTO, STP,BOC and let's not forget long lost ODB:)

John Cougar - I need a lover (that won't drive me crazy)!

Tom Petty - American Girl

TJ

Trep dont forget a little led zepplin. For my i like to pop in some Fu Manchu.

I have an alpine mp3 cd head unit and a 6 disk changer that can read mp3 disks also. I can fit over 100 songe per cd and i keep about 30 of them full in the truck so i can listen to whatever i want to. I also agree with Tox on the XM radio. I have had one since october and i love it for listening to baseball or nascar races that i wouldnt normally get on the ride home from fishing.

Kansas

The Radiators

John Hiat

Bee Gees ( JUST KIDDING )

Tee - Already go the BTO, also added some Bus Boys (taking care of business), and BOC (I'm buring for you)!!

House is a Rockin - Look at Little Sister - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry

Take it Easy - Eagles

Ameii - Pure Prarie League

I gotta get Drunk - Willie Nelson

Crossroads - Cream

Beethoven's 9th Pastoral

Da Bear

Michael..... You aren't gonna get "Wellington's Victory"?

I can't understand why..... :)

I'll dub you a copy on CD and sent it to you..... Wait till you hear the muskets and cannon fire!

I'm late to the party. Some good stuff suggested. I've got XM now, and love it. It's a short ride to the bus (and back), but on longer trips it's great.

Something to add to the mix:

Moody Blues - heard two of theirs today.

James Taylor

Charlie Daniels - Devil from Georgia (or close to that).

Tex

Me

I love Mosart(Allegro). Chopin, Robert Wagner especially the Die Walkure Ride of the Valkyries. Don't find much around here and haven't downloaded much since Momma took my Napster away.

Fatrap

Tex - Was talking to a friend today about our music and movies and how some of them have been "modified" for radio and the first one that came to our minds was Charlie Daniels The Devil Went Down to GA!! The radio version (at least what they USED to play) I believe "you got that right, you son-of-a-gun..." and the original recording is "you got that right, you son-of-a-b&tch"!!

But i'd forgotten about that song, I LOVED it in Jr. High and High school when I played Violin!!!

Staci - you KNOW i'm not very cultured so the classical stuff is out of my league or at least my memory!!! LOL

Trep

Just watch the old cartoons Loonie Toons. The background music was all clasical.

fatrap

Fatrap -

I've got a CD of overtures by Suppe.....

I call it "Cartoon Music"!

I've got a collection of over 300 classical CD's and there is nothing I enjoy more than sharing "my music" with others! Let me know if there is ever anything you want a copy of!

Michael -

This you'll like! And I'll back it up with some cowboy music - like the themes from "Silverado" and "The Cowboys"! And maybe even Harry Belafonte singing "Hava Nageela"! :)

me!

I like road music that gets the with flowin' with the goin'. Stuff that lasts for a while. How about.....

The Beatles---Abby Road (especially the back side starting with "Here Comes the Sun")

The Who---Tommy

Jethro Tull---Thick As a Brick

Jimmie Paige & Robert Plant--- Unledded

Willie Nelson---Phase's & Stage's

Miles Davis---In a Silent Way

Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks---Where's the Money

Harpo

Henry Mancini did a recording of the Overture to Tommy about 30 years ago with his orchestra..... It was phenomenal! If any of you ever see it (the Mancini version) on CD, PLEASE let me know!!

me!

(I've always wanted to conduct a symphony orchestra in the Overture to Tommy!)

Everything Eagles

Iron Maiden

Shania Twain

Everything Elvis

There's too much.My musical interests are too broad to list.

I've been a musician for a long time and appreciate many artists and music varieties.

Those I listed are some of my favorites right now. I do also appreciate classical.

Danzig

Rodney James Dio

Candlebox

The Cure

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne

Queensryche

Tool

I like my music hard and loud. However, not while fishing!

You can't beat the driving songs of BTO!!

Roll on down the highway

Let it Ride

Not Fragile

Sledgehammer

Terrible Ted Nugent...

Metallica...Enter Sandman

Guns n Roses...

AC/DC..

Rock on Trep!

Tom

Mac - I KNOW you have kids!!! LOL Raffi!!!! BBWWAAAAA

Just downloaded Devil Went Down to GA, Judas Priest - Running After Midnight and Joe Walsh - Life's been good to me!!!

I'm with you on 1/2 of your's Dan, never heard of Danzig, Candlebox or Tool???

Trep

The Doors: Rider's on the Storm, Light my Fire,

Zeppelin: When the Levee Breaks, Kashmir

Stones: Can't you hear me knockin'...Waitin' on a friend

Emotional Rescue,....It's only Rock-n-Roll

Jeff Beck: Freeway Jam (excellent driving tune!!)

David Bowie: Heroes, Golden Years, The Gene Genie

Elton John: Funeral for a Friend <---MANDATORY!!! (Actually the whole GBYBR cd should be mandatory!!)

Blondie: Rapture, Heart of Glass

Greg Allman: I'm no Angel.

Bruce Hornsby: The way it is.

Duran Duran: The Reflex,...New Moon on Monday...

Hungry like the Wolf..Girls on Film

Those will get you to the airport and back....

oh,..one more,..since you're the King of Road Trips...

The Beatles: Day Trepper

Carry on

Mac

Mac

Your not one of those guys who I see pounding their skulls on the steering wheel to the beat of the music are you?

Fatrap

Too many to list....lol

From Gangsta Rap to Country to Detroit Style in yo Face ROCK AND ROLL....

Mini

Anything by the Allman Brothers Band, Government Mule, North Mississippi Allstars, Susan Tedeshi(?), Marshall Tucker Band, Outlaws, Steveie Ray Vaughn, Johnny Lange, Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle and John Hiatt. I'm also really big into bluegrass music like Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, Ricky Skaggs and Blue Highway.

Steve

Fatrap,....Naw,...not anymore...I have enough closed head injury's as it is now,..from riding in Tin boats for too long!!

There is one tune though that'll push the envelope,..especially if I'm alone and can REAAALLY crank it up....Guns & Roses,..."Welcome to the Jungle!!"...LOL!!!

Forgot a couple though,...can't forget my HS favorites..

Aerosmith: One Way Street,...Sweet Emotion,...Train kept a rollin',..Same 'ol song and Dance,..Back in the Saddle,..Last Child,...Rag Doll,...and Lord of your thiiiighs...ZAA!!!

CRANK it up!!!

Mac

Back