More bass . . . (and surprise!).

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
I think I've found the secret to fishing - go when everyone else is at work! Played hookey again this morning. It helps to have quit your job (but that's another story). I couldn't find them in the Spoils, so went to Oxen Creek. Found this nice two pounder towards the back of the cove.

DSCN1708.JPG

Not bad, but then went to the other side and found this nice four pounder.

DSCN1710.JPG

That was fun. Figured I was doing pretty good so I pitched to a fallen log and my rod bent all the way down. Holy crap!! Figured I had one heck of a catfish until he surfaced and all I saw was MOUTH! Ended up landing him in the boat and according to the scale, I hit my all time best for bass - 6 pounds, 8 ounces! :eek::lol: Woo HOO!!!!!

DSCN1712.JPG

WOW Jim!! What a way to spend the morning, and the fish kept getting BIGGER!! AWESOME! I bet you sh$t your pants when that 6+lb fish came up! AWESOME!!

Awesome LM Jim!! I remember not long ago when you were looking for a 3 pounder.....you've gone way past that! Congrats.

And no smile holding a 6 pounder....I like it!

Very nice Jim....I bet that was a blast.

Great looking fish... And, the last one is Fantastic!

SUH-WEET Piggy Jim!!! :cool:

I also agree with you wholeheartedly. Leave the weekend for the weekenders! :D

Thanks guys. Bob G. - the smile is there, its just covered by the strain of trying to lift that big boy (girl?) with one hand and pose for the self timing camera at the same time!!

Dang that's a nice bass. I haven't landed anything close to that. I am still stuck on 5.99 (although I think it was at least 6). And congrats on quitting your job, hopefully you have another one lined up thats better for you.

Latest posts

Back