Mac,When can we expectS&Tsheephead shirt?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
Mac,For all those sheephead fishermen out there.Sure you probably never heard of them before but I think it may be a fast and up coming sport in the fishing industry. For example at the Rally my son was the only one to catch a sheephead,The crowd was obviously envious. And in Neeley's post about his fishing trip on St. Clair he mentions the fact that out of all the fish they caught, They didn't catch any sheepheads! What a way to really ruin a otherwise perfectly good fish outing. Take it from I guy who's always got his finger on the (trigger) I mean pulse THIS IS BIG!! and can only get bigger.

PS. Later I'd like to talk some more about anchovies they have been way overlooked as a game fish.

lol

OK you WAY up NORTH folks, is a Sheepshead in freshwater the same as I used to catch in saltwater??
Sheeps1.jpg

Mark,

I think you should wear a hat while out in your boat....

I caught a freshwater sheepshead, in Champlain, and I thought I had a huge smallmouth! A freshwater sheepshead, is kinda like some type of carp, with a deep body, and goldish brown coloring.

I caught a freshwater drum on a crank last year and they come up from the bottom like a pinwheel... roundy, roundy, roundy.

T.S.

P.S. It took me 10 minutes to get the bad boy in.

Mark - First that's a pic off a fish web site I found. When we lived in Houston we ATE every Sheepshead we caught! Skin is a little tough to cut thru (that's what electric knives are for) but them's good eaten!!

Trep,

Please put some clothes on!! Your scales are showing!

Bob G.

no the sheep head in the salt water are deffinitly different, loved catching and eating them when I lived in FL. hey MAC make it like a s/m bass and a walleye setting there and a sheep head looking at a bait and the one bass telling the walleye let mikie try it and see if he likes it (old cerial comercial style)lol, hey good idea huh would pick up well especially with the erie crowd, if ya use it I would like one in xl for the idea and if it sells well maybe one of those morris bait casters that ya love so much lol oh yea, mark too idea was his idea and mine is for basic design idea lol

Latest posts

Back