LaMoy in 2nd place--TBF Nat'ls

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [URL]http://tbf.flwoutdoors.com/tourn
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Rob must of found his rods..........Great Job Rob....

JR

I don't understand how to read those standings. They have the places from 1-7 for each division, but the weights don't correspond to the places?????:wacko:

Way to go Rob... Hang in there and get it done!!!! Anyway you want to look at it he has already had a great tournament...

I was thinking the same thing Velcro.

Derek Cummings from Mi on the Pro Side is leading the whole Tournament and Mark Modrak on the Co Side also from Mi is leading the Co side yet neither one is leading the division???? WTH?

Mark is bringing me back a new RangerTrail trailer from this tournament....:)

You folks need to learn to read the results page better. You need to look at the overall standings.

Rob is in 37th place (not 2nd) with a weight of 6lbs - 5oz. He is some 13 pounds out of first place.

There are only 44 pro's in the tourney.

Tex

It doesn't go by overall Tex,......it's based on where they finish in their division! If Rob finished in 40th "overall", but he's the TOP finisher from the Eastern Div,...then he's going to the All american.

Mac maybe I am slow too but there is a guy in 5th place in Robs division with 12 lbs????????????????????

To any matter, Great job and keep it up!

It DOES go by overall.....

The winning pro and winning co advance to the FLW Championship.

The top finisher in each division (except the overall winner) go to the BFL All American.

Quite a difference fishing for a million and fishing for 100k!

At least that is my take on it, i could be wrong though.

Look at the overall standings....then after the tourney look at the updated regional standings.

I was refering to Rob being in 2nd place in his division.....he doesn't have to win "overall" to go on to the All American.....he only has to be first in his division.

Sorry for the confusion Tex....I'll buy you a beer the next time you're up here!!;)

Well, I just got notice that Rob won the Eastern Divisional today. He will be one of six fishing tomorrow on the angler side. Congrat's my friend.

Buzz

Dang Great... Eastern Divisional Champion... That is fantastic! I'm having a drink on that...

Guess I shouldn't butt in where I'm not familiar with all the 'stuff'. Rob certainly did better today, and moved way up the overall standings.

That and did finish on top in the Eastern Division.

So - congrat's.

Tex

Looks like Rob only boated 1 today, and finished in 6th place. Weights totaled for all three days, so he had a hill to climb. Got a nice check regardless of $2,500.00.

Congratulations.

Tex

That is a great accomplishment... Congrats Rob... I hope that pink hat was somewhere...:rolleyes:

Hey guys, thanks for the words and support. Can't say much now since I'm leaving a hotel in Ohio on the way home. But what a ride. Quickly, how it works is that for the overall tourney and win it is your overall weight yes. But like the old BASS fed, you only need to beat the guys in YOUR division to move on and that I did. I had a 6+ lb deficit to make up after day one to a guy from MA who had flown out before the cut off and hired a guide for a week (must be nice to have discresionary income LOL) but I had only JUST found my fist at about 1:00 pm on day one. Just enough time to get that limit. Day 2 was like a dream. I started landing toads (well toads for Bull Shoals) and had my limit within 45 minutes, by 8:30. I then culled up a few, all spots and then BAM.....a 4 lb kicker largehead. All on 6 lb fluro by the way. And my co caught a 3 lb smallie. Then I culled up one more big spot and at 9:05 am that was it. No more fish that would help me. God DEFINATELY made it happen, there's no other way to explain it. I'll give you guys a play by play tomorrow once I'm home.

Rob LaMoy aka "Lamoist"

2008 TBF NY state Champion and TBF National qualifier

2009 TBF Eastern Divisional Champion and BFL All American qualifier

(that was for all the naysayers!):)

Latest posts

Back