Lakemaster or Navionics>

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Neathamer2

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I finally broke down a purchased a 596 hb for the front and a 597 di for the dash. My question is for the hb owners out there. I plan on putting a chip in the 597 for the lakes out here on the west coast and have to decide between the Navionic's chip and the lakemaster chip.. Any rec's would be appreciated..

Thanks

Max

Good morning again,

Nevermind, it would appear that Lakemaster does not make chips for the left coast.. Makes my decision much easier now..:blink:

I never got a lake master chip to work in my birds anyway. Looked at them on a lowrance unit and navionics was much better. Especially older navionics chips

Navionics HANDS DOWN!

As for "especially older navionics"...I assume you are referring to creek beds and road beds on older chips. That is the ONLY feature I would guess that WAS better than the current Navionics offerings. Navionics had an agreement with some of the TVA lakes that showed roadbeds and old creek channels. That agreement ended and Navionics had to remove that data from a few lakes. The data is back on the newer chips, but unfortunately the newer chips will not work with older units (the older units were limited on the chip's size).

The newer data is THE freshest data you can get! Navionics IS the leader in electronic chating for your chart plotter!

Latest posts

Back